Link: Report: Alabama and Cincinnati Talk About 2015 Game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tubbs was on JOX today and discussed the possibility of playing Bama. Link

"I'm in charge of our schedule now, so, I'm out there trying to find teams to play," said Tuberville, who also previously coached at Auburn. "Now would I be really fired up about (playing Alabama)? Probably not because it would be a one-game match. The reason we won't play some of the other teams is because you can't get a return game."

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
This. We whine about playing nobodies and then when they try to schedule a decent out of conference team, we still complain. I've always wanted to play one great OOC team, one/two good ones, and one/two lesser teams: like FSU, Baylor, Pitt, and UC for example.
I agree with your sentiments entirely, but we have no choice but to follow "the plan", like every other national title contender. The SEC schedule is tough enough. We can't fill in the rest of our schedule with teams that can beat us on any given Saturday.
Our kids are human, they're not robots. They need a break physically every four or five weeks or so.
sip

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I would vote to do a home / home with North Carolina. I live really close to UNC campus :biggrin2:. A few years back, BAMA came up here, and played Duke. It was a lot of fun. Well, in a sense it was fun, because all my friends came up here, and went to the game with me. But, it was a blow-out. Nobody in Dukes secondary could slow down Julio Jones, and he was taken out after the first quarter. I guess a mercy rule that coach Saban put in for that game ;). But, UNC would be better. The stadium is much nicer, and now they do the spread offense. CNS could practice against the spread on a lesser team. And, the party would be at my place with all my friends from school :biggrin2:. Everybody wins here. Well, except for UNC :biggrin:.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
If you can't beat UC on the road, you don't really deserve to be in the Final Four; and that's not meant to slight the Bearcats. They have a decent program. However, if you consider yourself a championship contender, these are the games you should be playing. And winning. Much more impressive than a Western Carolina or Georgia Southern. I get the P/L part; but, come on. It's not like our athletic program is in the red.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
It is apparent that, for the immediate future, Bama will not do any H/H series. Certainly not with Cincinnati in 2015-2016 because of their insistence of playing the first game there in 2015.

So why are we even having this discussion? Why are we not discussing playing USC in Arlington in 2016? Whatever happened to that discussion?

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
This idea that nobody wants to play Alabama was a reach when it was first suggested. If we don't want to play the big boys in a home and home, we can always call up the Beamer. Can't get enough of those gobbler unies on opening day.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Sounds cool but if we are doing a home and home in Ohio, why are we doing Cincy and not OSU? Maybe the reason is that Saban would feel guilty if he gave Meyer another heart attack. :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.