Link: Report: Alabama and Cincinnati Talk About 2015 Game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Nick Saban could face Tommy Tuberville once again if Alabama plays the Cincinnati Bearcats in 2015, as a 247Sports report suggests.

Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer said Monday afternoon that the schools have discussed playing at some future point, with a 2015 date in Cincinnati being one possibility.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
This makes a lot of sense in furtherance of our continued recruiting reach up into the Ohio River Valley.

That said, playing Cincinnati on the road is probably the most barring "major" OOC match-up we've had in ages.

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
If this happens, maybe the game could be played at Paul Brown Stadium. UC's field only seats about 30,000.
Actually, that would be the first game in the renovated stadium. I'm told seating would still only be in the low 40's. UC is actually playing their home games at Paul Brown this year while the stadium is undergoing renovations.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Actually, that would be the first game in the renovated stadium. I'm told seating would still only be in the low 40's. UC is actually playing their home games at Paul Brown this year while the stadium is undergoing renovations.
Yep - scheduled to be completed for the 2015 season, but I doubt that the game would be played there. They would probably play in Paul Brown Stadium - still small by SEC standards, but much larger than Nippert. I think PB seats about 65k.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Why in the world would we want to play Cincinnati?

They didn't beat us. If this is to get back at Tubs, are we going to go schedule Texas State as well so we can drill Franchione?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wouldn't mind them as a filler game instead of western Carolina. I wouldn't want it to be our traditional one marquee OOC game.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Ehh it's better than Georgia State or Western Carolina and it is Tubs coaching them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. We whine about playing nobodies and then when they try to schedule a decent out of conference team, we still complain. I've always wanted to play one great OOC team, one/two good ones, and one/two lesser teams: like FSU, Baylor, Pitt, and UC for example.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
This. We whine about playing nobodies and then when they try to schedule a decent out of conference team, we still complain. I've always wanted to play one great OOC team, one/two good ones, and one/two lesser teams: like FSU, Baylor, Pitt, and UC for example.
I agree take this years schedule for example. If we were to replace Florida Atlantic with a Cincinnati type opponent them, Wake Forest, Pitt, Houston, just to name a few it would not be a bad schedule. Last years record aside West Virginia when scheduled was a very good OOC matchup. Granted Southern Miss has been down but I have seen years where they were the best team in Mississippi; they still get good players and they are not Georgia State. I still like the cupcake before the barn.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Folks have said they are tired of the neutral site games. When word starts to spread Alabama might play Cincinnati in Nippert, folks want to talk about moving the game to Paul Brown Stadium because Nippert is too small. I get the stadiums are in the same city, but we might as well play them in their stadium if we're going to Cincinnati. So what if the stadium is small. That's part of it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.