Found this thing going around.
The Ole Miss Recruiting Playbook:
Orgeron was game-changer for them in recruiting. He just wasnt a HC. Nutts continued the recruiting- but was just riding things out and didnt have the passion anymore. Freezus has come in with the same passion for recruiting as Orgeron and can actually coach a little. Here is Orgeron's legacy being played out by Freezus:
1. They created a "little black book" of Rebel Alumni across the nation that want to be a part of The Network.
2. Create a list of 25 targets across the nation and get it to The Network.
3. Network member closest to said target finds a way to make contact with that recruit's family. Find an "in". Figure out who is going to control the recruitment for the family and see what it will take to get a visit. Pay recruits to visit. Get them on campus.
4. Asst coach recruiting said player shares info with local member of The Network and vice versa.
5. As the year moves on and the recruiting process progresses- the coaches and The Network start narrowing down who is responding and what the family wants to sign.
6. Set the big Recruit-a-palooza weekend well in advance so Alumni can make plans to be in town that weekend. Always have it coincide with a basketball game if possible. Make Oxford appear busy and populated. Make sure Alumni know faces of these recruits so they give them "handshakes" to make their trip even more exciting. Make the recruits feel like rock stars. Make Oxford seem like the most awesome place in America for that weekend.
7. Seal the "deal" in the exit interview. Local member of The Network handles it and payment is made. Money is funneled through an Aunt or other member of the family in most cases to make it untraceable. Ive even heard about it being funneled through a girlfriend's family in one instance. Set up loan's for houses and such where the money from the Aunt pays off the loan. Stuff like that. Very creative.
8. Reap rewards on Signing Day
When you hear Freezus talk about his "12 month plan"- this is what he is referring to. He and his guys bust their ... in recruiting. They really do. They have athletic department workers playing recruits in Playstation online while they talk to them on headsets. They can even do crap like this during the dead period. They are very creative- because they also know they have The Network behind them to close some of these deals.
Auburn, Florida State, Tennessee, and others do things like this as well. It's not just Ole Miss doing it. I wouldn't be suprised if we had a little scheme going as well, all is fair in love and war. And it is truly a war out there.
Fun fact:"Ole Miss" originally was a name slaves used for a plantation owner's wife.