Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Ole Miss' recruiting game uncovered.

Found this thing going around.

The Ole Miss Recruiting Playbook:

Orgeron was game-changer for them in recruiting. He just wasnt a HC. Nutts continued the recruiting- but was just riding things out and didnt have the passion anymore. Freezus has come in with the same passion for recruiting as Orgeron and can actually coach a little. Here is Orgeron's legacy being played out by Freezus:

1. They created a "little black book" of Rebel Alumni across the nation that want to be a part of The Network.

2. Create a list of 25 targets across the nation and get it to The Network.

3. Network member closest to said target finds a way to make contact with that recruit's family. Find an "in". Figure out who is going to control the recruitment for the family and see what it will take to get a visit. Pay recruits to visit. Get them on campus.

4. Asst coach recruiting said player shares info with local member of The Network and vice versa.

5. As the year moves on and the recruiting process progresses- the coaches and The Network start narrowing down who is responding and what the family wants to sign.

6. Set the big Recruit-a-palooza weekend well in advance so Alumni can make plans to be in town that weekend. Always have it coincide with a basketball game if possible. Make Oxford appear busy and populated. Make sure Alumni know faces of these recruits so they give them "handshakes" to make their trip even more exciting. Make the recruits feel like rock stars. Make Oxford seem like the most awesome place in America for that weekend.

7. Seal the "deal" in the exit interview. Local member of The Network handles it and payment is made. Money is funneled through an Aunt or other member of the family in most cases to make it untraceable. Ive even heard about it being funneled through a girlfriend's family in one instance. Set up loan's for houses and such where the money from the Aunt pays off the loan. Stuff like that. Very creative.

8. Reap rewards on Signing Day

When you hear Freezus talk about his "12 month plan"- this is what he is referring to. He and his guys bust their ... in recruiting. They really do. They have athletic department workers playing recruits in Playstation online while they talk to them on headsets. They can even do crap like this during the dead period. They are very creative- because they also know they have The Network behind them to close some of these deals.

Auburn, Florida State, Tennessee, and others do things like this as well. It's not just Ole Miss doing it. I wouldn't be suprised if we had a little scheme going as well, all is fair in love and war. And it is truly a war out there.

Fun fact:"Ole Miss" originally was a name slaves used for a plantation owner's wife.
    Last edited by dWarriors88; January 25th, 2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Format
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Re: Ole Miss' recruiting game uncovered.

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Found this thing going around. The Ole Miss Recruiting Playbook: Orgeron was game-changer for them in recruiting. He just wasnt a HC. Nutts continued the recruiting- but was just riding things out and didnt have the passion anymore. Freezus has come in with the same passion for recruiting as Orgeron and can actually coach a little. Here is Orgeron's legacy being played out by Freezus:1. They created a "little black book" of Rebel Alumni across the nation that want to be a part of The Network. 2. Create a list of 25 targets across the nation and get it to The Network. 3. Network member closest to said target finds a way to make contact with that recruit's family. Find an "in". Figure out who is going to control the recruitment for the family and see what it will take to get a visit. Pay recruits to visit. Get them on campus4. Asst coach recruiting said player shares info with local member of The Network and vice versa5. As the year moves on and the recruiting process progresses- the coaches and The Network start narrowing down who is responding and what the family wants to sign. 6. Set the big Recruit-a-palooza weekend well in advance so Alumni can make plans to be in town that weekend. Always have it coincide with a basketball game if possible. Make Oxford appear busy and populated. Make sure Alumni know faces of these recruits so they give them "handshakes" to make their trip even more exciting. Make the recruits feel like rock stars. Make Oxford seem like the most awesome place in America for that weekend. 7. Seal the "deal" in the exit interview. Local member of The Network handles it and payment is made. Money is funneled through an Aunt or other member of the family in most cases to make it untraceable. Ive even heard about it being funneled through a girlfriend's family in one instance. Set up loan's for houses and such where the money from the Aunt pays off the loan. Stuff like that. Very creative. 8. Reap rewards on Signing DayWhen you hear Freezus talk about his "12 month plan"- this is what he is referring to. He and his guys bust their ... in recruiting. They really do. They have athletic department workers playing recruits in Playstation online while they talk to them on headsets. They can even do crap like this during the dead period. They are very creative- because they also know they have The Network behind them to close some of these deals. Auburn, Florida State, Tennessee, and others do things like this as well. It's not just Ole Miss doing it. I wouldn't be suprised if we had a little scheme going as well, all is fair in love and war. And it is truly a war out there. Fun fact:"Ole Miss" originally was a name slaves used for a plantation owner's wife.
    Most of that sounds like recruiting that goes on at most major football schools. To think otherwise would be nave..

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That sounds pretty much like the SB Nation article "Meet the Bag Man: How to Buy Players, in the Words of a Man Who Delivers the Money" from this past April. Link
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team

No doubt this is going on at other schools besides Ole Miss...no doubt in my mind. I think Ole Miss is just the master of this.

BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Not surprising.......
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

This board has been going on about $$$$ at Ole Miss for going on 6 years (Bobby Massey?).

It's puzzling how so many here know/can find out all about it, yet the NCAA doesn't/can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    This board has been going on about $$$$ at Ole Miss for going on 6 years (Bobby Massey?).

It's puzzling how so many here know/can find out all about it, yet the NCAA doesn't/can't.
    You left out "want"...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BirminghamBAMA View Post
    No doubt this is going on at other schools besides Ole Miss...no doubt in my mind. I think Ole Miss is just the master of this.
    Awbern is the Supreme Master of this.........

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

When confronted with the possibility that we don't do the same thing, I always make the claim that it's a dog eat dog world, and if you think Ohio state, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, or even North Dakota State doesn't do the same thing, you are mistaken. And you know what? Further more, If I was a recruit, I would take every penny I could get my paws on from every school.
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    When confronted with the possibility that we don't do the same thing, I always make the claim that it's a dog eat dog world, and if you think Ohio state, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, or even North Dakota State doesn't do the same thing, you are mistaken. And you know what? Further more, If I was a recruit, I would take every penny I could get my paws on from every school.
    Yep. I seriously think every school in the SEC (save Vanderbilt) is literally pointing a gun at the other schools saying, "If you tell, we tell...."
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

It is my belief that these things happen everywhere in varying degrees. I get that some schools do more of it than others, but all that does is increase the likelihood that they will eventually get caught. Keep it small, keep it personal, keep out unnecessary people. The larger the $$$ and the more people involved, the greater the chance that someone will talk.

I hope that whoever is having the most success is not indicative of who is spending the most money, because I don't believe we're passing out more money than anyone else. One thing to look for is improbable event - a kid signs with a school he never had on his list until NSD; a kid commits to a school he's never visited, etc. OM leads in these events the last several years. A long-time friend of mine owns the largest Bama-related pay site. He has been open about saying that OM has been pulling stuff no one else has or even would think about doing. FWIW, he's a very straight shooter and I've never heard him talk about another school this way, not even AU. Has any HC in the SEC ever held a press conference before to deny accusations of cheating like Freeze did? Think about that...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I hope that whoever is having the most success is not indicative of who is spending the most money, because I don't believe we're passing out more money than anyone else. One thing to look for is improbable event - a kid signs with a school he never had on his list until NSD; a kid commits to a school he's never visited, etc. OM leads in these events the last several years. A long-time friend of mine owns the largest Bama-related pay site. He has been open about saying that OM has been pulling stuff no one else has or even would think about doing. FWIW, he's a very straight shooter and I've never heard him talk about another school this way, not even AU. Has any HC in the SEC ever held a press conference before to deny accusations of cheating like Freeze did? Think about that...
    Largely because I started reading this site, I see what you are talking about. Ole Miss certainly has landed some "suspicious" recruits over the last few years.

I think that some schools and coaches are just going to get better players. Players who realistically believe that they have a chance to play in the NFL want to play for a coach who will help get them there, and on a team that will help them get national exposure. And once that ball gets rolling it is hard to stop as it feeds itself. That is what you are seeing at Alabama right now, and what I hope that we will start to see at OSU. With every success story in the NFL, the need to hand out $$$ shrinks. Kids see larger piles of money down the road. While many kids are short sighted, those really aren't the ones that you want in your program anyway, so no loss.