Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Re: *** QB Blake Barnett Commits to Alabama ***

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Welcome aboard BB!! Anyone with BB initials must be a top notch, quality guy.
    I'm really excited about the fact he is a DT QB also. I think keeping a DT QB on the roster at least keeps the zone read offense alive and forces the opponents to prepare at least a little for it. This guy reminds me a lot of Jeff Driskell. I know Driskell hasn't looked dominant, but lets just see how he does this year.
    I think BB will also really help us in our recruiting efforts with some top notch WR's, RB's, and OL. Too bad we only have maybe 6 more slots to fill.
    It has become a huge trend for Qb's to enroll early. Wonder what % of Qb's enroll early over the past 2 seasons?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Great interview with Barnett. SIAP

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-tide-football
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

BS 1989

Wow. Big pickup. Only team I would be worried about is Oregon. You will also have to battle Justin Hopkins from 247 and his incessant pandering to Barnett going to Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Actually I could see him earning a shot early on, Bateman has not panned out like most thought (and myself) ...
    Had you said that six months ago I would have certainly agreed with you, but in fairness to Bateman he had a pretty strong spring and made a lot of progress. He still has a ways to go, of course, but with the progress he made this spring I think he still has to be considered a real contender in 2016 and beyond.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Al.com talked to his high school coach after he announced. Link

Blake Barnett runs a spread, no-huddle offense at Santiago High School in Corona, Calif., but he's well-prepared for Alabama's pro-style attack.

Barnett committed to Alabama on Wednesday over several national programs, including his No. 2 choice of Oregon. The sky is the limit for the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Barnett, his high school head coach said.

"When you look at some of the athletes that have transitioned from one to the other, from the passing game I think he's ahead of a lot of other guys," Santiago High School head coach Jeff Steinberg told AL.com shortly after Barnett committed to Alabama. "You've got to have an understanding of what he's seeing in front of him in terms of fronts and coverages. I think he's a little ahead in terms of understanding defenses, which would help any kid no matter what kind of offense they came from."
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

And I think we were in on him early, way before his commitment to Notre Dame.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Roll Tide and welcome, Blake! Glad you are planning to enroll early!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Huge pick-up. Roll Tide Blake. In watching his video when he runs he reminds me of Matt Jones from Arkansas. Has that big stride and big time speed. I think our offense may change slightly once he gets on campus.

And we begin to see the first fruits of Kiffin's presence. Stay tuned for more.