Ebola 'Totally Out of Control,' Doctors Without Borders Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
if a movie is ever made about this situation, these doctors need to be portrayed as the heroes they are. I almost hate using that word, but to willingly go into these dangerous situations and to stay there once the outbreak began, and to ultimately give your life to try helping the most helpless of people - my greatest respect goes to them.
Yep, like men and women in the service, these folks are making the ultimate sacrifice to stave off one of the most dreaded illnesses known to man. I can't even, don't want to imagine dying that way. May God have mercy on all those that are afflicted.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
To me, this is the unnerving part of this

"The average time between contracting the infection and the onset of symptoms is 13 days, but can be as long as 25 days."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

A person can go a lot of places in 13 days.
Yeah. if you want an idea of the utter chaos a a widespread outbreak could cause, watch Soderbergh's Contagion.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
To me, this is the unnerving part of this

"The average time between contracting the infection and the onset of symptoms is 13 days, but can be as long as 25 days."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

A person can go a lot of places in 13 days.
The Hong Kong lady tested negative (confirmed today). The North Carolina hospital corridor quarantine was lifted and suspected patient tested negative. So as far as I can tell, the biggest current risk of massive international outbreak comes from the international flier who died in Lagos, Nigeria after flying on or about July 26th.

Taking into consideration your average 13-day latent period, I suppose we won't really know if he spread it (potentially internationally) to anyone he came into contact with at the airports and onboard the flight until next week, around the 8th, give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.