Ebola 'Totally Out of Control,' Doctors Without Borders Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What is surprising at this point is that is hasn't broken out of Africa...yet.
Yah, I agree. With post-infection symptom onset of two weeks, there could be carriers all over the place that haven't popped up yet. Just be thankful this is happening in Africa and not a first-world country (where people travel far more)...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Yah, I agree. With post-infection symptom onset of two weeks, there could be carriers all over the place that haven't popped up yet. Just be thankful this is happening in Africa and not a first-world country (where people travel far more)...
I don't guess anybody has developed a vaccine yet for Ebola, huh? That might be a worthwhile thing to look into.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Read the book "The Hot Zone" to understand how this virus attacks the body and the history of trying to figure out where it originates. Frightening stuff.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I think they're up to about 1,200 infected and 700 dead now.

Nigerian health authorities raced to stop the spread of Ebola on Saturday after a man sick with one of the world's deadliest diseases brought it by plane to Lagos, Africa's largest city with 21 million people.

The fact that the traveler from Liberia could board an international flight also raised new fears that other passengers could take the disease beyond Africa due to weak inspection of passengers and the fact Ebola's symptoms are similar to other diseases.

Officials in the country of Togo, where the sick man's flight had a stopover, also went on high alert after learning that Ebola could possibly have spread to a fifth country.
http://news.msn.com/science-technology/nigeria-death-shows-ebola-can-spread-by-air-travel

Good news.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It seems like I remember seeing a show about deadly virus outbreaks & they said that they believe Ebola originated in Africa from where a African tribe or village people had eaten a monkey or monkey brains that was infected with the virus..And that's where the virus crossed over to the human population..
Read the book "The Hot Zone" to understand how this virus attacks the body and the history of trying to figure out where it originates. Frightening stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.