Ebola 'Totally Out of Control,' Doctors Without Borders Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Be dramatic much? Emory works in conjunction with the CDC since they are neighbors. They are trying to save the American doctor and nurse.

THIS VIRUS IS NOT THAT CONTAGIOUS. IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.

2003TIDE said:
It isn't contagious until you are visibly showing symptoms. So that helps.
Not trying to be a "sa" just asking for information so don't take this wrong.

You're in Atlanta it appears and have information obviously or you wouldn't be posting in the manner in which you are posting. Are you in the medical profession or are you a Federal employee with access to information? What experience do you have with Ebola?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Be dramatic much? Emory works in conjunction with the CDC since they are neighbors. They are trying to save the American doctor and nurse.

THIS VIRUS IS NOT THAT CONTAGIOUS. IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.

For it not being "that contagious" it sure has spread like hell across the lake. We would be very foolish not to treat this as very serious. People aren't perfect and medical people do make mistakes.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
For it not being "that contagious" it sure has spread like hell across the lake. We would be very foolish not to treat this as very serious. People aren't perfect and medical people do make mistakes.
Spread like hell? You realize the flu kills more people each year right?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Not trying to be a "sa" just asking for information so don't take this wrong.

You're in Atlanta it appears and have information obviously or you wouldn't be posting in the manner in which you are posting. Are you in the medical profession or are you a Federal employee with access to information? What experience do you have with Ebola?
I'm neither, but the information is out there if you just choose to ignore CNN and Fox and research on your own. It isn't contagious until a person shows signs of fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea or bleeding. Male survivors can transmit via sex for up to 2 months. It is transmitted via body fluids and it isn't airborne. That isn't a very efficient method for a virus to spread quickly. Once you get it, it's bad stuff, but it is hard to get. Like I said above, the flu kills more people.

A lot of the spread over there would not happen here. They said a large % is because the families of the deceased are stealing the bodies from the medical facilities to take them back home. You can still get the virus from body fluids of the deceased.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm neither, but the information is out there if you just choose to ignore CNN and Fox and research on your own. It isn't contagious until a person shows signs of fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea or bleeding. Male survivors can transmit via sex for up to 2 months. It is transmitted via body fluids and it isn't airborne. That isn't a very efficient method for a virus to spread quickly. Once you get it, it's bad stuff, but it is hard to get. Like I said above, the flu kills more people.

A lot of the spread over there would not happen here. They said a large % is because the families of the deceased are stealing the bodies from the medical facilities to take them back home. You can still get the virus from body fluids of the deceased.
Yeah, but fear sells. By the way, can I direct you to my survival masks I have on sale on my website?

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
I'm neither, but the information is out there if you just choose to ignore CNN and Fox. It isn't contagious until a person shows signs of fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea or bleeding. Male survivors can transmit via sex for up to 2 months. It is transmitted via body fluids and it isn't airborne. That isn't a very efficient method for a virus to spread quickly. Once you get it, it's bad stuff, but it is hard to get. Like I said above, the flu kills more people.

OK so just common knowledge then, same boat as the rest of us...got it.

Thing is "people" go to work every day with a fever and don't realize it until they get sick at work and go to the doctor. Same goes for kids and school is about to start. This is one way the seasonal flu spreads so quickly.

I'm well aware that it isn't airborne however transmission via body fluids is not something to be taken lightly.

"They said" it couldn't happen here. Murphy's Law states otherwise...

My initial post in this thread was nothing more than an additional reference to the others relative to The Stand in which King quotes TS Elliot. I wasn't trying to cause a panic but think the situation garners attention by all means. Why don't you grab some popcorn, have a seat on the couch with the rest of us and we shall see how this plays out.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
This is one way the seasonal flu spreads so quickly.
That analogy is pointless. This doesn't spread like the flu which is my whole point.

BTW love how you are highlighting bits and pieces of what I said while ignoring the whole context.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The symptoms are horrific enough that you don't want to take any chances with catching it.
That's not the same thing as it being highly communicable.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
That analogy is pointless. This doesn't spread like the flu which is my whole point.

BTW love how you are highlighting bits and pieces of what said while ignoring the whole context.
Nobody said Ebola spreads like the flu. However people could have symptoms, not realize exactly what they have while going through their daily routine and integrate with the general population. I simply highlighted pieces of your post so you would know what I was addressing.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
That's fine. You guys can spin around in circles and worry about catching ebola. I'm going to worry about other things that are more likely to kill me. You know getting stuck by lightening, a meteor crashing into my house, and killer bees.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Even in W Africa, with poor sanitation, poor medical care etc, I believe the total number infected in this latest outbreak is still under 2000.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
That's fine. You guys can spin around in circles and worry about catching ebola. I'm going to worry about other things that are more likely to kill me. You know getting stuck by lightening, a meteor crashing into my house, and killer bees.
I don't think many if any are "spinning around in circles". By the same token, dismissing ebola as "meh - no big deal" strikes me as equally irrational. I hear what you're saying about the bigger picture relative to total deaths from the flu and other illnesses. The numbers aren't even comparable.

But there are reasons why the CDC and WHO take ebola so seriously. It's because it's largely untreatable and incurable, and the death rate runs 60% on the low end to 90% on the high end. Odds are, if you get it, you will likely die. So the appropriate agencies scramble feverishly to prevent it from spreading. That's an appropriate response.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I think part of the fear is in not being able to trust our government to tell us the truth or to protect our borders from those who are simply walking in. Officials do not know who is bringing what contagion across our southern border because they are so busy playing political games and robbing Americans of the resources for their healthcare. The Obama Administration lies daily about many things and the gutless and greedy Republicans allow it. Will they do the right thing for America or hide under feigned concern for other third world victims and use them to push another part of their agenda? Based on their records we really don't know.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think part of the fear is in not being able to trust our government to tell us the truth or to protect our borders from those who are simply walking in. Officials do not know who is bringing what contagion across our southern border because they are so busy playing political games and robbing Americans of the resources for their healthcare. The Obama Administration lies daily about many things and the gutless and greedy Republicans allow it. Will they do the right thing for America or hide under feigned concern for other third world victims and use them to push another part of their agenda? Based on their records we really don't know.
I knew ebola was Obama's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.