Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 24
  1. #1
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    690

    Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    Anyone know?

    Also, if the two academic question marks in the 2014 class do not make it, can their spots be used for backcounters in the 2015 class?

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,969
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    One possibility we will know one way or another on Tuesday

  4. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,094

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    I think Carr picks the barn. It's been a fight, but I think he was a lean there all along.

    KJ hill is someone Andrew Bone mentioned in a tweet a while back as someone to watch.

    Jovon Durante is another player that almost committed to us when he was on campus (I think that was A Day).

    here's my guess:

    1) RB: Nick Gibson; had positive comments after camp and CNS talked to him for a bit
    2) WR: Durante or Hill; if we lose Charlot, maybe both. Kirk is a possibility, but long shot
    3) TE: Harris, Gragg, or Clarington. Things looked good for us with Harris a week ago, but now the trend on message boards is he and Carr pick the barn next week
    4) OT: Carr is possible, but he likely picks the boogs; Ivey and Richmond are top targets I think. But we may have to find someone elsewhere
    5) DL: we may lose Ledbetter so that affects numbers here, but Lockhart sounded high on us after his visit, We are in the race for Cowart or Jefferson (I think we lose); Payne is a real possibility as is Settle. we may lose Moton as well.
    6) LB: we are still pursuing a few folks, but I think we are done unless you count Lockhart here since he's kind of a tweener depending on if he grows
    7) DB: I think the only realistic name is if we flip McGraw.

    Our biggest needs left are OT and TE. To a lesser extent, we need a WR or two. Richmond is our most realistic get at OT and I think Gragg is our most realistic TE. We are in serious contention for a few WRs so I'm not too worried there. After those positions, I think our staff just takes best available elsewhere. Our '15 class has the chance to be really sick on paper and easily #1 again.

  5. #4
    BamaNation All-American edwd58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,180
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    According to some of my family in the Gadsden area, Carr is a long time barn fan and can't see him going elsewhere. Insert proverbial "however with CNS involved you never know" comment here.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    I think Carr picks the barn. It's been a fight, but I think he was a lean there all along.

    KJ hill is someone Andrew Bone mentioned in a tweet a while back as someone to watch.

    Jovon Durante is another player that almost committed to us when he was on campus (I think that was A Day).

    here's my guess:

    1) RB: Nick Gibson; had positive comments after camp and CNS talked to him for a bit
    2) WR: Durante or Hill; if we lose Charlot, maybe both. Kirk is a possibility, but long shot
    3) TE: Harris, Gragg, or Clarington. Things looked good for us with Harris a week ago, but now the trend on message boards is he and Carr pick the barn next week
    4) OT: Carr is possible, but he likely picks the boogs; Ivey and Richmond are top targets I think. But we may have to find someone elsewhere
    5) DL: we may lose Ledbetter so that affects numbers here, but Lockhart sounded high on us after his visit, We are in the race for Cowart or Jefferson (I think we lose); Payne is a real possibility as is Settle. we may lose Moton as well.
    6) LB: we are still pursuing a few folks, but I think we are done unless you count Lockhart here since he's kind of a tweener depending on if he grows
    7) DB: I think the only realistic name is if we flip McGraw.

    Our biggest needs left are OT and TE. To a lesser extent, we need a WR or two. Richmond is our most realistic get at OT and I think Gragg is our most realistic TE. We are in serious contention for a few WRs so I'm not too worried there. After those positions, I think our staff just takes best available elsewhere. Our '15 class has the chance to be really sick on paper and easily #1 again.
    If Alabama loses Charlot, I sure would like to see Bama REALLY pursue Ryan Newsome out of Texas. That kid has crazy good speed, good hands, very shifty and a fantastic punt returner on top of it. He looks like a faster David Palmer.

    I hate to see Bama whiff on TEs. I guess it's not a huge deal this year but if they don't get another one, next year, it'll be a critical need. Still, it'd be nice to get another good one this year. I'd heard Gragg is going with Ole Miss. Not sure how reliable that is.

  7. #6
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,094

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    I hate to see Bama whiff on TEs. I guess it's not a huge deal this year but if they don't get another one, next year, it'll be a critical need. Still, it'd be nice to get another good one this year. I'd heard Gragg is going with Ole Miss. Not sure how reliable that is.
    Yeah, i meant that Gragg is the most realistic of the 3 I mentioned. From the message board discussions, I expect one to the barn next week and the other to stay in FL (I'm thinking Miami, but maybe UF if they have great year).

  8. #7
    BamaNation First Team deltatider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Yeah, i meant that Gragg is the most realistic of the 3 I mentioned. From the message board discussions, I expect one to the barn next week and the other to stay in FL (I'm thinking Miami, but maybe UF if they have great year).
    Don't we already have at least 1 TE commited in this class? Seems like a kid from Missouri?

  9. #8
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    20,605
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    According to some of my family in the Gadsden area, Carr is a long time barn fan and can't see him going elsewhere. Insert proverbial "however with CNS involved you never know" comment here.
    IIRC, his dad and uncle played at Auburn.

    Anyone know the reason for this apparent talk of Harris going to Auburn? He grew up an Alabama fan, so many thought he was headed to us.

    We already have Hale Hentges from Missouri as one TE commit. We want two, though.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

    Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,094

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltatider View Post
    Don't we already have at least 1 TE commited in this class? Seems like a kid from Missouri?
    We do, but our TE depth on campus isn't great. Most experts believe we want 2 TEs in this class. We got a great one in Hentges, but I think our staff wants one more.

  11. #10
    BamaNation First Team BamaFanatJSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rainbow City, AL
    Posts
    480
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    According to some of my family in the Gadsden area, Carr is a long time barn fan and can't see him going elsewhere. Insert proverbial "however with CNS involved you never know" comment here.
    Ditto this. I played HS baseball with his older brother, and the family is chock full of barn fans.

  12. #11
    FB | REC Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9,708

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    Given that we are eight months away from National Signing Day, you really can't make many legitimate guesses at this juncture. A lot is going to change in the next few months, and part of that will undoubtedly involve a handful of de-commitments as well as some surges on our board from guys who aren't considered priorities at the moment.

  13. #12
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    1,988

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    I expect Daron Payne to be in crimson ultimately. I think we have lots of options at TE. We sould get at least 1 more TE. If Bo Scarborough doesn't qualify, I expect us to take 2 more RB's.
    Not sure about the backcounters.

  14. #13
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,056

    Re: Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

    I saw where an analyst was saying that we may lose as many as four commits to flips or whatever. If true, judging by our upgrades last year that may not be a bad thing.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!