Who are the most likely candidates for the remaining six spots?

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Anyone know?

Also, if the two academic question marks in the 2014 class do not make it, can their spots be used for backcounters in the 2015 class?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I think Carr picks the barn. It's been a fight, but I think he was a lean there all along.

KJ hill is someone Andrew Bone mentioned in a tweet a while back as someone to watch.

Jovon Durante is another player that almost committed to us when he was on campus (I think that was A Day).

here's my guess:

1) RB: Nick Gibson; had positive comments after camp and CNS talked to him for a bit
2) WR: Durante or Hill; if we lose Charlot, maybe both. Kirk is a possibility, but long shot
3) TE: Harris, Gragg, or Clarington. Things looked good for us with Harris a week ago, but now the trend on message boards is he and Carr pick the barn next week
4) OT: Carr is possible, but he likely picks the boogs; Ivey and Richmond are top targets I think. But we may have to find someone elsewhere
5) DL: we may lose Ledbetter so that affects numbers here, but Lockhart sounded high on us after his visit, We are in the race for Cowart or Jefferson (I think we lose); Payne is a real possibility as is Settle. we may lose Moton as well.
6) LB: we are still pursuing a few folks, but I think we are done unless you count Lockhart here since he's kind of a tweener depending on if he grows
7) DB: I think the only realistic name is if we flip McGraw.

Our biggest needs left are OT and TE. To a lesser extent, we need a WR or two. Richmond is our most realistic get at OT and I think Gragg is our most realistic TE. We are in serious contention for a few WRs so I'm not too worried there. After those positions, I think our staff just takes best available elsewhere. Our '15 class has the chance to be really sick on paper and easily #1 again.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
According to some of my family in the Gadsden area, Carr is a long time barn fan and can't see him going elsewhere. Insert proverbial "however with CNS involved you never know" comment here.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I think Carr picks the barn. It's been a fight, but I think he was a lean there all along.

KJ hill is someone Andrew Bone mentioned in a tweet a while back as someone to watch.

Jovon Durante is another player that almost committed to us when he was on campus (I think that was A Day).

here's my guess:

1) RB: Nick Gibson; had positive comments after camp and CNS talked to him for a bit
2) WR: Durante or Hill; if we lose Charlot, maybe both. Kirk is a possibility, but long shot
3) TE: Harris, Gragg, or Clarington. Things looked good for us with Harris a week ago, but now the trend on message boards is he and Carr pick the barn next week
4) OT: Carr is possible, but he likely picks the boogs; Ivey and Richmond are top targets I think. But we may have to find someone elsewhere
5) DL: we may lose Ledbetter so that affects numbers here, but Lockhart sounded high on us after his visit, We are in the race for Cowart or Jefferson (I think we lose); Payne is a real possibility as is Settle. we may lose Moton as well.
6) LB: we are still pursuing a few folks, but I think we are done unless you count Lockhart here since he's kind of a tweener depending on if he grows
7) DB: I think the only realistic name is if we flip McGraw.

Our biggest needs left are OT and TE. To a lesser extent, we need a WR or two. Richmond is our most realistic get at OT and I think Gragg is our most realistic TE. We are in serious contention for a few WRs so I'm not too worried there. After those positions, I think our staff just takes best available elsewhere. Our '15 class has the chance to be really sick on paper and easily #1 again.
If Alabama loses Charlot, I sure would like to see Bama REALLY pursue Ryan Newsome out of Texas. That kid has crazy good speed, good hands, very shifty and a fantastic punt returner on top of it. He looks like a faster David Palmer.

I hate to see Bama whiff on TEs. I guess it's not a huge deal this year but if they don't get another one, next year, it'll be a critical need. Still, it'd be nice to get another good one this year. I'd heard Gragg is going with Ole Miss. Not sure how reliable that is.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I hate to see Bama whiff on TEs. I guess it's not a huge deal this year but if they don't get another one, next year, it'll be a critical need. Still, it'd be nice to get another good one this year. I'd heard Gragg is going with Ole Miss. Not sure how reliable that is.
Yeah, i meant that Gragg is the most realistic of the 3 I mentioned. From the message board discussions, I expect one to the barn next week and the other to stay in FL (I'm thinking Miami, but maybe UF if they have great year).

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Yeah, i meant that Gragg is the most realistic of the 3 I mentioned. From the message board discussions, I expect one to the barn next week and the other to stay in FL (I'm thinking Miami, but maybe UF if they have great year).
Don't we already have at least 1 TE commited in this class? Seems like a kid from Missouri?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
According to some of my family in the Gadsden area, Carr is a long time barn fan and can't see him going elsewhere. Insert proverbial "however with CNS involved you never know" comment here.
IIRC, his dad and uncle played at Auburn.

Anyone know the reason for this apparent talk of Harris going to Auburn? He grew up an Alabama fan, so many thought he was headed to us.

We already have Hale Hentges from Missouri as one TE commit. We want two, though.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Don't we already have at least 1 TE commited in this class? Seems like a kid from Missouri?
We do, but our TE depth on campus isn't great. Most experts believe we want 2 TEs in this class. We got a great one in Hentges, but I think our staff wants one more.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
Ditto this. I played HS baseball with his older brother, and the family is chock full of barn fans.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Given that we are eight months away from National Signing Day, you really can't make many legitimate guesses at this juncture. A lot is going to change in the next few months, and part of that will undoubtedly involve a handful of de-commitments as well as some surges on our board from guys who aren't considered priorities at the moment.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I expect Daron Payne to be in crimson ultimately. I think we have lots of options at TE. We sould get at least 1 more TE. If Bo Scarborough doesn't qualify, I expect us to take 2 more RB's.
Not sure about the backcounters.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I saw where an analyst was saying that we may lose as many as four commits to flips or whatever. If true, judging by our upgrades last year that may not be a bad thing.:cool:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I saw where an analyst was saying that we may lose as many as four commits to flips or whatever. If true, judging by our upgrades last year that may not be a bad thing.:cool:
It may sound odd, but Warmack may be one as others are really negatively recruiting our OL depth because of the '14 class. I think Ledbetter, Moton, and Charlot are the most likely candidates, but there's a lot of time left as BET mentioned. Think about MSU's star recruit a year or so ago wasn't even on anyone's radar and he became a 5star. Eddie Jackson was similar, he just didn't rise as high.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It may sound odd, but Warmack may be one as others are really negatively recruiting our OL depth because of the '14 class. I think Ledbetter, Moton, and Charlot are the most likely candidates, but there's a lot of time left as BET mentioned. Think about MSU's star recruit a year or so ago wasn't even on anyone's radar and he became a 5star. Eddie Jackson was similar, he just didn't rise as high.
I've read where CNS wasn't too thrilled Napier took Moton's commitment. Wouldn't be surprised if things change with his recruitment along with the others you mentioned.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
With Carr off the board, who are our remaining OT prospects? We do not have a current commit at OT and I would assume we are looking to add two to this class. Thoughts everyone?
Most realistic are Ivey and Richmond. If we don't get either one of them, it's a guessing game. There's another camp coming up where someone may earn an offer, but I think Richmond is the highest rated one left.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
With Carr off the board, who are our remaining OT prospects? We do not have a current commit at OT and I would assume we are looking to add two to this class. Thoughts everyone?
I know you see Carr listed as OT on some recruiting sites, but I think he was projected to be a guard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.