Alvin Kamara Signs With Tennessee

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I think he is a good football player; but glad he is gone. If he gets it turned around in life; big if; he can be a good college player. It rarely happens though. I remember seeing (last name Key) play in the secondary in a spring game and thinking he was going to be all American; he looked great. But got in some kind of trouble continually and have no idea what happened to him.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I think he is a good football player; but glad he is gone. If he gets it turned around in life; big if; he can be a good college player. It rarely happens though. I remember seeing (last name Key) play in the secondary in a spring game and thinking he was going to be all American; he looked great. But got in some kind of trouble continually and have no idea what happened to him.
Chris Keys...he definitely had issues. He injured his own relative (another Bama player) when they were here together. I really don't mind folks transferring or wanting more PT, but there is a right way and wrong way to handle it. AK handled it about as poorly as possible while he was still on campus.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Tennessee fans partying like they just picked up the next Darrington Sentimore. The viles are back.
LOL I remember when Sentimore sacked AJ, you'd think he had sealed the deal in the BCSNCG. I can't wait to see Kamara's celebration when he gets a first down. And then watch us wipe the smile off his face.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
LOL I remember when Sentimore sacked AJ, you'd think he had sealed the deal in the BCSNCG. I can't wait to see Kamara's celebration when he gets a first down. And then watch us wipe the smile off his face.

Kamara says he's dedicating himself to beating the Tide the next three years. For a guy struggling to buy in, seems like a mighty long term investment.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Kamara says he's dedicating himself to beating the Tide the next three years. For a guy struggling to buy in, seems like a mighty long term investment.
He does have some motivation to work hard because of the tremendous chip on his shoulder about us (just like Sentimore). If he gets the right attitude, he can be a very good player. He worked hard until he got hurt and redshirted. Life in general isn't about how you handle success, but how you handle adversity. I don't wish him any bad luck, but for his sake, I hope he's matured as a person, or else football will likely be the least of his concerns.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
He does have some motivation to work hard because of the tremendous chip on his shoulder about us (just like Sentimore). If he gets the right attitude, he can be a very good player. He worked hard until he got hurt and redshirted. Life in general isn't about how you handle success, but how you handle adversity. I don't wish him any bad luck, but for his sake, I hope he's matured as a person, or else football will likely be the least of his concerns.

Maybe. But Kamara chose to transfer and was not run off. Not sure how much indignation that inspires in the kid under those circumstances. It does suggest a ton of immaturity that won't suddenly disappear because of a change of scenery. Takes time to emotionally grow up. On the positive side, he is talented and a 5* back of his ilk seems well suited for butch's spread style.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Idle hands are the Devil's workshop....happy for the young man to get a second chance a major program. I hate its the Viles but I'm not fazed.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Maybe. But Kamara chose to transfer and was not run off. Not sure how much indignation that inspires in the kid under those circumstances. It does suggest a ton of immaturity that won't suddenly disappear because of a change of scenery. Takes time to emotionally grow up. On the positive side, he is talented and a 5* back of his ilk seems well suited for butch's spread style.
i don't think he was run off. I think that AK thinks he deserved to play here and wants to prove us wrong (just like Sentimore). Neither was run off, but both felt that they didn't "get what they deserved" with us and they wanted an opportunity elsewhere. Proving us wrong is that chip on the shoulder for both those guys.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
i don't think he was run off. I think that AK thinks he deserved to play here and wants to prove us wrong (just like Sentimore). Neither was run off, but both felt that they didn't "get what they deserved" with us and they wanted an opportunity elsewhere. Proving us wrong is that chip on the shoulder for both those guys.

I'm sure he's got the proverbial "chip." Going to a blood enemy might make it mandatory and kinda fun to express it that way. If Kamara had told the world he screwed up and he was just thankful for another opportunity to play SEC football, how refreshing and candid that would have been. But truth be told, being resentful of coach Saban's discipline is probably the more telling story. Discipline not appreciated or accepted is most often resented. And that resentment is more likely why he is in need of a second chance. Chip or no chip.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I don't wish anything bad on the guy...that being said, it won't hurt my feelings any if he flops...big time. Maybe he's looking for a different kind of 'process'. He can definitely get that in K'ville.

Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.