Link: Child’s Death in Hot Car Leads to Unusual Murder Charge

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can't fathom how anyone can leave a child in their car for hours & allow their child to die from heat..There's no excuse in the world, I don't care what anyone says, I've raised two Baby Girls & never, I mean never, left them in the car cause I forgot or had multiple things going on at one time..There's more to this story..Just a sad sad situation..

I found another article that the LEO's are now saying there more to the story & apparently something else may have happened to the poor baby..I won't speculate, but, I figured something happened to the baby that lead the dad to be charged felony murder and cruelty to children charges..Here's a quote from Police Sgt PIerce..

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Here's The Updated Link..CLICK ME

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
No doubts about that at all Bro & agree 100% with ya..I don't trust any LEO's..There's just to many articles on a daily basis showing & proving how out of control LEO's have become..They lie to cover up for each other & they just plain bully people & will shoot your dog if they bark at them..It's truly scary as hell & I won't call a LEO unless I'm in a accident & am forced to interact with them..

Hopefully the truth will come out as to what truly happened..I still don't understand how anyone can leave a child in a hot car..I never did raising my two girls under any circumstance..
We'll see but I'll wait for actual evidence to be presented to corroborate what this cop is saying. I have a healthy mistrust of what they say.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And I'll add this..If it was truly an accident, I don't think it should be murder charges, I think child neglect, endangerment or abuse should be the charges..Not murder unless the parent is on drugs or drinking..Then yeah I can understand murder charges..

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
And I'll add this..If it was truly an accident, I don't think it should be murder charges, I think child neglect, endangerment or abuse should be the charges..Not murder unless the parent is on drugs or drinking..Then yeah I can understand murder charges..
still should be manslaughter though. I'd be curious to see what else the officer is implying because after reading the updated article, it sounds like they believe the "something else" was the cause of death and the leaving kid in car story was the cover up.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I've been watching this case - and commenting on WSB's Facebook page about it - and I think that this is a case of murder. By that, I mean that I think that the paramedics that were first on the scene noticed signs of trauma that were inconsistent with a child simply being left in a hot car all day. This is just me making inferences based on how the police proceeded, as well as some of the things that they have said. The autopsy report should shed a great deal of light on whether the DA is simply trying to make an example of this guy, or if the child was indeed murdered - probably through a fit of abusive rage - and leaving him in the car was a ruse that he thought would allow him to get away with it.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
As is my custom, I went out and cut my grass today. I don't have a garage, so when I cut my grass, I cut the front first, then the back.
What does that have to do with this topic? I'll tell you.
When I finish with the front, I'll move my vehicles from the back yard, where they are shaded for at least half of the day, to the front yard where they get total sunlight. Today, my vehicles were parked in the front yard for about 2 hours. When I went to move them back to the back yard, I opened the driver's door to each and the heat was so bad inside them that it was difficult for even me to breathe inside. I had to open all the windows in both and turn the AC on just to cool it down enough for me to start the engines and drive them just over 100 ft. That was for only a couple of hours, and I'm a grown man. I have the ability to get out of that hot car and get some air.
I can just imagine the difficulty a baby strapped into a infant's (or toddler's)car seat would have in such an environment and the agony he/she would have to go through before they lost consciousness.
It can't be stressed enough. A hot car is no place for a baby. Please, folks. Before you walk away from your car, check to make sure you haven't forgotten anything - or anyone.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can understand that & actually agree with ya 100%..
still should be manslaughter though. I'd be curious to see what else the officer is implying because after reading the updated article, it sounds like they believe the "something else" was the cause of death and the leaving kid in car story was the cover up.
Yup..I came away thinking that's what the Sgt was saying..The Dad tried to cover-up whatever happened to the kid..By leaving the kid in the car to look like it died from the heat..
I've been watching this case - and commenting on WSB's Facebook page about it - and I think that this is a case of murder. By that, I mean that I think that the paramedics that were first on the scene noticed signs of trauma that were inconsistent with a child simply being left in a hot car all day. This is just me making inferences based on how the police proceeded, as well as some of the things that they have said. The autopsy report should shed a great deal of light on whether the DA is simply trying to make an example of this guy, or if the child was indeed murdered - probably through a fit of abusive rage - and leaving him in the car was a ruse that he thought would allow him to get away with it.
Great advice..I take my Boxer Annie with me when I go o the store cause she loves to ride, but, won't take her when it's this hot outside..It only takes a few minutes to cause heat stroke for kids & dogs as well..
As is my custom, I went out and cut my grass today. I don't have a garage, so when I cut my grass, I cut the front first, then the back.
What does that have to do with this topic? I'll tell you.
When I finish with the front, I'll move my vehicles from the back yard, where they are shaded for at least half of the day, to the front yard where they get total sunlight. Today, my vehicles were parked in the front yard for about 2 hours. When I went to move them back to the back yard, I opened the driver's door to each and the heat was so bad inside them that it was difficult for even me to breathe inside. I had to open all the windows in both and turn the AC on just to cool it down enough for me to start the engines and drive them just over 100 ft. That was for only a couple of hours, and I'm a grown man. I have the ability to get out of that hot car and get some air.
I can just imagine the difficulty a baby strapped into a infant's (or toddler's)car seat would have in such an environment and the agony he/she would have to go through before they lost consciousness.
It can't be stressed enough. A hot car is no place for a baby. Please, folks. Before you walk away from your car, check to make sure you haven't forgotten anything - or anyone.

Reactions: Crimson1967

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Odd thing is all the articles I've read where they interviewed coworkers, neighbors, friends, and family said they were a happy couple that had everything going for them. Graduated UA a few yrs ago, got a good job at Home Depot corporate, had a kid they were proud of, and were looking to buy their first home soon.

I don't know. Guess we will find out soon enough. Sad thing is accidents like this seem to happen every summer.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Yup..I came away thinking that's what the Sgt was saying..The Dad tried to cover-up whatever happened to the kid..By leaving the kid in the car to look like it died from the heat.
His words were something along the lines of "we want to know how the child came to be strapped in the carseat." That's where I said to my wife, "he was dead when he was strapped into that seat, and the police know it."

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..It's a sad situation & something just doesn't add up..I agree 100% with Brad, I gather the baby was dead before he was put into his car seat, and the dad tried to cover it up, and hope he wouldn't get into trouble or go to jail for whatever happened..

Who knows what really happened, babies that small, and can be accidentally injured or killed easier than we really think..My uncle had a baby a few years ago, and one Christmas, we all were at my Granny's house for a family dinner..And he was holding his baby, and playing with her, he was holding her above his head & threw her up into the air & caught her playing around..About the 4-5th time he threw her up into the air, he tripped over an root that was sticking out of the ground, and he dropped her & she hit her head on a rock..She started convulsion, and freaked us the hell out, luckily they were able to save her, but, her brain had swelled up, and almost died from the accident..Having said all that..

Accidents can & does happen, and some kind of accident may have happened with this baby, and he freaked the hell out, and did what he did, and tried covering it up by leaving the kid in the hot car & hope he didn't get arrested..Or..He may have killed the baby as well..Like you say..We will find out soon enough..Cause this has got the national media covering it now..So we shall see before long..
Odd thing is all the articles I've read where they interviewed coworkers, neighbors, friends, and family said they were a happy couple that had everything going for them. Graduated UA a few yrs ago, got a good job at Home Depot corporate, had a kid they were proud of, and were looking to buy their first home soon.

I don't know. Guess we will find out soon enough. Sad thing is accidents like this seem to happen every summer.
Exactly..And for the Sgt to say, "I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce..For him to stae something that extreme..Tells me something really bad happened to that baby, cause those kind of statement aren't used very often publicly by LEO's, when talking to the media about an ongoing investigation..Being a Daddy to two Baby girls myself..Makes me feel really bad for that baby & hope whatever happened to it, it was a quick death and it didn't suffer from whatever happened..
His words were something along the lines of "we want to know how the child came to be strapped in the carseat." That's where I said to my wife, "he was dead when he was strapped into that seat, and the police know it."

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I agree if it was truly an accident, he should not have murder charges..but should be charged for something. Didn't the lady in Homewood not get charged for leaving her daughter in the car all day?

Crazy...I just can't imagine leaving my children in the car. How distracted is someone that can't remember that you strapped your child in the car that morning? Then when you get out of the car, how do you not see the car seat/child in the back?

A good practice to have when mine were little, is I would call my husband after he dropped them off at daycare..just to ask if dropping them off was ok. That way..I knew they got there ok and nothing happend in b/t leaving my house and being dropped off. This is just a sad situation all around.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Yup..It's a sad situation & something just doesn't add up..I agree 100% with Brad, I gather the baby was dead before he was put into his car seat, and the dad tried to cover it up, and hope he wouldn't get into trouble or go to jail for whatever happened..
d..

What?? It was confusing in the article to see what they were getting at. This is a strange case. I saw on FB that people were trying to gather money up for him to help with expenses. I was already disturbed to see that they want to give him money for leaving his child in the car....and now I hope they never give him the money if this is what happened.

ETA it is up to almost $19,000 in donations.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I have NO PITY for idiots that leave their children in the car because "they forgot". If your life, your phone, or anything else is more important than your child then please by all means go ahead and kill yourself now and save the world from idiots like them breeding. I have never never never "forgot" my child whether that be going to my best friends house to BBQ, to go the park, shopping, etc. and I don't see how there is one instance I would forget him/her period. Now granted they are 15/9 but even when they were kids there is no way I would have forgotten them especially in the summer and in my truck. These fools that claim they forgot about their kids are the same ones that wont drop their cell phone for anything. We all know the type. Granted I keep my phone around at all times since I am on call 24/7/365 but at no time have I ever left my son in the truck while I'm browsing around the mall or God forbid go to work. I just simply have no pity for it and I think they should be charged with a major felony with a lot of years attached.

Like has been reported not everything is lining up with this story and I hope they find out what really happened. The child deserves that much from LEO's.

As for the not trusting LEO's I'm kind of on the same board. I know there are some good ones out there and know a few good ones myself, but there are a lot that abuse their power and can't wait until they can rough someone up or get into a car chase.

Here is the one thing that drove me nuts, one morning right before Christmas me and my son were asleep alone at the apartment me and my wife first lived in after we married. I got woke up to someone banging on the front door (our only door) and my old man is always bad about "banging" like that so I automatically think that it is him. I stumble into the living room half asleep and open the door and as soon as I do I see a black hand grab my wrist and I am snatched out the door and thrown on my face and handcuffed. The ATF, DEA, and the local cops were serving warrants and was looking for some old bat that lived there before us (more than 6 months before we even moved in and we had been there for almost a year) that was cooking meth somewhere (actually nice apartments) and after they realized they royally screwed up and scared my son to death they simply said "sorry", laughed, then ran down the steps and got out of there after the trashed the apartment. Took a week for the marks and swelling to go down on my wrist as well, all because they were too lazy to call the apartment manager to even see if the old bat still even lived there!!

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I'm sort of surprised that no one has commented on this - the guy was a UA parking guy for a while (gave me a few tickets), graduated from Central. He's a friend of a friend - I mean, good friends of his were in my wedding sort of thing. I find it very hard to believe there was any intent here. I find the police comments very disturbing on two levels. One, in the event that (God forbid) Ross is guilty...the other being if this is simply a tragic case of forgetfulness, then we have a police officer saying things about a case that simply should not be said. It wouldn't be the first time.

EDIT: I'll note that I don't personally know the accused (other than being at the same wedding reception a few times). I'm just saying I'm a few degrees removed (via my wife) from his social circle back in Tuscaloosa. This is a straight-laced Christian guy, and if this is anything other than a tragic accident, it would be a shock to a lot of people.

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I have NO PITY for idiots that leave their children in the car because "they forgot". If your life, your phone, or anything else is more important than your child then please by all means go ahead and kill yourself now and save the world from idiots like them breeding. I have never never never "forgot" my child whether that be going to my best friends house to BBQ, to go the park, shopping, etc. and I don't see how there is one instance I would forget him/her period. Now granted they are 15/9 but even when they were kids there is no way I would have forgotten them especially in the summer and in my truck. These fools that claim they forgot about their kids are the same ones that wont drop their cell phone for anything. We all know the type. Granted I keep my phone around at all times since I am on call 24/7/365 but at no time have I ever left my son in the truck while I'm browsing around the mall or God forbid go to work. I just simply have no pity for it and I think they should be charged with a major felony with a lot of years attached.

Like has been reported not everything is lining up with this story and I hope they find out what really happened. The child deserves that much from LEO's.

As for the not trusting LEO's I'm kind of on the same board. I know there are some good ones out there and know a few good ones myself, but there are a lot that abuse their power and can't wait until they can rough someone up or get into a car chase.

Here is the one thing that drove me nuts, one morning right before Christmas me and my son were asleep alone at the apartment me and my wife first lived in after we married. I got woke up to someone banging on the front door (our only door) and my old man is always bad about "banging" like that so I automatically think that it is him. I stumble into the living room half asleep and open the door and as soon as I do I see a black hand grab my wrist and I am snatched out the door and thrown on my face and handcuffed. The ATF, DEA, and the local cops were serving warrants and was looking for some old bat that lived there before us (more than 6 months before we even moved in and we had been there for almost a year) that was cooking meth somewhere (actually nice apartments) and after they realized they royally screwed up and scared my son to death they simply said "sorry", laughed, then ran down the steps and got out of there after the trashed the apartment. Took a week for the marks and swelling to go down on my wrist as well, all because they were too lazy to call the apartment manager to even see if the old bat still even lived there!!

Well, bless your heart.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm sort of surprised that no one has commented on this - the guy was a UA parking guy for a while (gave me a few tickets), graduated from Central. He's a friend of a friend - I mean, good friends of his were in my wedding sort of thing. I find it very hard to believe there was any intent here. I find the police comments very disturbing on two levels. One, in the event that (God forbid) Ross is guilty...the other being if this is simply a tragic case of forgetfulness, then we have a police officer saying things about a case that simply should not be said. It wouldn't be the first time.
For his sake, let's hope it was just that. Poor child.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yeah I saw that as well & would hope the money goes to the Mom & she uses it for funeral expenses or something like that..
What?? It was confusing in the article to see what they were getting at. This is a strange case. I saw on FB that people were trying to gather money up for him to help with expenses. I was already disturbed to see that they want to give him money for leaving his child in the car....and now I hope they never give him the money if this is what happened.

ETA it is up to almost $19,000 in donations.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I agree if it was truly an accident, he should not have murder charges..but should be charged for something. Didn't the lady in Homewood not get charged for leaving her daughter in the car all day?

Crazy...I just can't imagine leaving my children in the car. How distracted is someone that can't remember that you strapped your child in the car that morning? Then when you get out of the car, how do you not see the car seat/child in the back?

A good practice to have when mine were little, is I would call my husband after he dropped them off at daycare..just to ask if dropping them off was ok. That way..I knew they got there ok and nothing happend in b/t leaving my house and being dropped off. This is just a sad situation all around.
Legal fees...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.