Link: Child’s Death in Hot Car Leads to Unusual Murder Charge

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Something that has really stuck out to me on this..is the daycare is an onsite daycare. So, if he thought he dropped him off...why didn't he stop by the daycare to pick him up before leaving the office? He wouldn't have gotten in his car and left the office.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Something that has really stuck out to me on this..is the daycare is an onsite daycare. So, if he thought he dropped him off...why didn't he stop by the daycare to pick him up before leaving the office? He wouldn't have gotten in his car and left the office.
The daycare center is at the corporate HQ, about 2 miles from the father's office.

According to the story the father told the police, he realized after he left work that he had forgotten to take his son to daycare.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's an interesting question & yeah us humans have a daily routine we do everyday..And to deviate from that routine only adds more against the dad..Only thing I can think of is to wait & see if the dad has some sort of drugs in his system & that's what caused all this, but, fro him to have searched how long does it take animals to die in a hot car..Was his nail in the coffin for me..That's pretty damning in my opinion..

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The daycare center is at the corporate HQ, about 2 miles from the father's office.

According to the story the father told the police, he realized after he left work that he had forgotten to take his son to daycare.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I think I saw that the shopping center he pulled into was a couple miles from his work. So, I wonder if this was in the route of where the daycare was.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That's interesting. I was gong to say that I could see him forgetting to drop the kid off because he deviated from his normal routine. He stopped for breakfast with the kid. But the onsite question is interesting.

The stopping for breakfast thing is a huge detail because he only had to drive a little over half a mile to his work after putting his child in the car. Can't believe that he honestly forgot about his child in the matter of 5 minutes.

here is a video about the timeline

http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.h...ideo_referrer=http://www.cnn.com/?hpt=sitenav

Last edited:

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
The stopping for breakfast thing is a huge detail because he only had to drive a little over half a mile to his work after putting his child in the car. Can't believe that he honestly forgot about his child in the matter of 5 minutes.

here is a video about the timeline

http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.h...ideo_referrer=http://www.cnn.com/?hpt=sitenav
Horrible.
Just over a half a mile and no more than five minutes? There is no way that he didn't know that his child was in the car.
None whatsoever.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
That's what I'm saying. If you receive public assistance, you shouldn't be allowed to have kids. Otherwise, if you can support them, create them.
I'd like to see the next stage of human evolution involve people not being able to physically reproduce until they've met the same requirements as adoptive parents. Once you're financially secure, drug-free and emotionally stable - and you want to reproduce - your sex organs would magically activate.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
That's what I'm saying. If you receive public assistance, you shouldn't be allowed to have kids. Otherwise, if you can support them, create them.
I'd like to see the next stage of human evolution involve people not being able to physically reproduce until they've met the same requirements as adoptive parents. Once you're financially secure, drug-free and emotionally stable - and you want to reproduce - your sex organs would magically activate.
I've always been of the opinion that the right of reproduction should be considered a basic human right, while access to public assistance should not. Would that perpetuate a poverty class among those who reproduce like bunnies without the ability to support themselves? Absolutely. But there's always private assistance. And as much as we like to distance ourselves as a species from the distasteful side of nature, that's how evolution works - through environmental pressure. Public assistance removes or at least alleviates evolutionary pressure for self-limiting reproduction. Call me a cold, hard bastage, but I'm all in favor of human evolution.

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
As a horror writer, my computer search history would probably put me in jail for three life times.
Let's just be honest. Most of us aren't horror writers, but our computer search histories probably wouldn't do us any favors if we were on trial for being really weird.
I have literally searched, "Does soy make you gay" in the last week. I'm not even going to try to explain it. And I've undoubtedly searched for weirder things.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Let's just be honest. Most of us aren't horror writers, but our computer search histories probably wouldn't do us any favors if we were on trial for being really weird.
I have literally searched, "Does soy make you gay" in the last week. I'm not even going to try to explain it. And I've undoubtedly searched for weirder things.
Well ...... does it?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Since the soy molecule mimics estrogen in many ways, I totally know where you're coming from. Excess consumption over a period of time has a feminizing influence on the body... ;)

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Since the soy molecule mimics estrogen in many ways, I totally know where you're coming from. Excess consumption over a period of time has a feminizing influence on the body... ;)
I understand the Beer molecule mimics testosterone:pDT_box2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.