Will the UN help Detroit residents pay their water bill?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I thought some of you would find this information interesting:

The Cost of Free Water in Detroit

Turns out, for decades, the grand and generous city [Detroit] has been just giving water to residents for free. If the Koch Brothers had done this, environmentalists would freak out and picket their headquarters accusing them of wasting precious water. But it’s all cool in the name of welfare.

Who is the ultimate loser here? Not you and me. We have never been told the water is free. We keep on paying our water bill and fixing leaky faucets. And the water keeps coming.

In Detroit, something shocking happened. As the city desperately tries getting its books in order before the whole place comes under the hammer of the auctioneer, the free “stuff” dried up. Literally.

Out of the blue, lifelong water scofflaws got billed for the water they used. Residents were stunned. They didn’t know what they were looking at. And then came the stark warnings: If they didn’t pay for the water they used, the water would be shut off. And it was.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Screw Detroit. Those people have themselves to blame for making that city such a bad place to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.