Link: Top 10 CFB surprise teams

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Georgia Bulldogs lead group of teams that could shock the nation this fall

Updated: June 20, 2014, 11:08 AM ET
By Phil Steele | ESPN Insider

"I really like new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt's attitude on defense, and keep in mind he has coached on the past three national championship teams (Alabama 2011 and 2012, Florida State 2013) and could make it four in a row here."

And he will have UCLA as his #5 team. Perhaps he and Tim Brandeau have been smoking together.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11103311/college-football-georgia-bulldogs-lead-top-ten-teams-poised-surprise-2014?addata=2009_insdr_mod_ncf_xxx_xxx

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Georgia Bulldogs lead group of teams that could shock the nation this fall

Updated: June 20, 2014, 11:08 AM ET
By Phil Steele | ESPN Insider

"I really like new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt's attitude on defense, and keep in mind he has coached on the past three national championship teams (Alabama 2011 and 2012, Florida State 2013) and could make it four in a row here."

And he will have UCLA as his #5 team. Perhaps he and Tim Brandeau have been smoking together.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11103311/college-football-georgia-bulldogs-lead-top-ten-teams-poised-surprise-2014?addata=2009_insdr_mod_ncf_xxx_xxx
every year. and every year, the same outcome

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Shock the nation? Really? Buffalo winning it all would shock the (football) nation. Georgia, not so much as an irritation.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I'm not knocking Pruitt, but I'm not sure one year at FSU with a boatload of 5 star talent means he is worthy of the attention he's received.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
but this will be the year. hutson mason will be the next herschel walker
I have two nephews who were raised big UGA fans. Love the boys to death but I had a conversation with one of them the other night about UGAs lost to us in the SEC Championship game. I heard the usual UGA excuses and then I looked at him and said, "Had UGA beat Bama that night, you would have gotten blown out by Notre Dame. It is what UGA always does!" He just stared at me and had nothing to say.:)

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I'm not knocking Pruitt, but I'm not sure one year at FSU with a boatload of 5 star talent means he is worthy of the attention he's received.
They had just as much talent the previous year, and they let Florida run all over them, gave up last minute touchdowns to NC State (which lost them the game) and VT (which should have lost them the game), gave up a boatload of points to Clemson. They were all talent and no discipline. Pruitt changed that.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I have two nephews who were raised big UGA fans. Love the boys to death but I had a conversation with one of them the other night about UGAs lost to us in the SEC Championship game. I heard the usual UGA excuses and then I looked at him and said, "Had UGA beat Bama that night, you would have gotten blown out by Notre Dame. It is what UGA always does!" He just stared at me and had nothing to say.:)
I think Georgia would have handled ND. Probably fairly easily.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
They had just as much talent the previous year, and they let Florida run all over them, gave up last minute touchdowns to NC State (which lost them the game) and VT (which should have lost them the game), gave up a boatload of points to Clemson. They were all talent and no discipline. Pruitt changed that.
I think Pruitt is a good coach who will start to instill some discipline at UGA, but he won't have anywhere near the talent he's used to working with. No amazing defensive turn around, not this year, anyway.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
but this will be the year. hutson mason will be the next herschel walker
I think if I went back and looked I've liked this joke, by you, every year for the past decade. Just take out Hutson Mason and insert whomever is likely to be GA's tailback

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
For some reason Georgia seems to be that "could be" team most every year. Then, when it gets down to the nitty gritty they always seem to bounce balls up in the air and let their opponents wide receiver score against their prevent defense, or they catch a pass on the three and slip and the clock runs out in an SEC title game. The effort always seems to be there but they just seem to be a bit snake bit.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hmmm, not all of you have an HSAM like I do, but...

1) Five Teams Ready To Surprise In 2013

Who will be this year's surprising teams? Read on and find out five to watch for.

Georgia Bulldogs

Yes, saying that the Georgia Bulldogs will be a surprising team is like getting a Super Supreme pizza when you ordered a Supreme. You know it’s going to be good when you order it, but then it turns out great.

2) This Could Be The Best Georgia Team Ever (2008)

So, Mark Richt's Georgia Bulldogs are ranked No. 1 in the country.

No surprise.

With plenty of depth on both sides of the football, Georgia can certainly make an argument about being the best team in the country.

(Author's note: until that 31-0 first-half pancaking by the up and coming Crimson Tide)

3) Five Teams Could Emerge As National Championship Contenders In 2012 (end of 2011 season)

4) Georgia Is A Popular Pick To Win National Championship (2003)

The Bulldogs are a popular top-five pick in preseason forecasts in magazines and on the Internet. The Sporting News is picking Georgia as No. 1. Dennis Dodd also put the Bulldogs at the top of his CBS Sportsline.com post-spring poll. Athlon Sports has Georgia at No. 3; College Football News.com has the Bulldogs at No. 5.

5) Bulldogs Preseason Pick To Make National Title Run (2004)

6) Bulldogs May Win SEC East (2011)

With a great scheduling break, tons of talent and 2010 showing that really was not accurately represented by their record, Georgia is a prime pick to turn around in a major manner and win the East for the first time since 2005.

Ok, now having demolished the obligatory nonsense of "Georgia could be great this year...."

In a related story, the sun rose in the East this morning, and Phil Steele is a moron.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
For some reason Georgia seems to be that "could be" team most every year. Then, when it gets down to the nitty gritty they always seem to bounce balls up in the air and let their opponents wide receiver score against their prevent defense, or they catch a pass on the three and slip and the clock runs out in an SEC title game. The effort always seems to be there but they just seem to be a bit snake bit.
and the hilarious part is they cant even get it done when florida and tennessee are having horrible stretches.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
UGA could keyword ***could*** be a surprise. Unless they keep their MO of blowing it. They still have plenty of good players and are too unpredictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.