Clint Trickett will be starting QB for West Virginia

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I remember he came for FSU when their starter was injured a few years ago against Oklahoma, I think. I wasn't to impressed. Maybe he had improved. So looks like it will be two ex-FSU backups starting against each other week 1.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
add'l info

Trickett had shoulder surgery in January and did not participate in spring practice.
The WVU-Tejas game from last year is on Youtube if anyone wants to see Trickett in action before the surgery. Trickett started for the Montagnards.
Trickett went 2 for 4 for 31 yards before leaving the game due to injury.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
i remember seeing him a couple games it seemed. Was fiery and got the team going. But got rattled when things didnt go his way. I noticed that each time i saw him.
Last November what struck me was how skinny he was. Very wirey build, it seemed.His accuracy was okay, but not great, on the two completions he made. Holgerson's system puts him in the right situation generally.
I believe a concussion knocked him out of the Texas game.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
The WVU-Tejas game from last year is on Youtube if anyone wants to see Trickett in action before the surgery. Trickett started for the Montagnards.
Trickett went 2 for 4 for 31 yards before leaving the game due to injury.

He's painfully thin. If our D is as good as I expect, he probably won't finish this game either.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Has Coker been declared the starter?
No. But if he's not the starter we are in major trouble *IMO.* CNS will probably drag out naming the starter till at least the week before WVU and may even have co-starters the first game or two. Generally the reason behind this is to keep morale up for all the people competing and so there isn't a mass exodus of backups transferring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.