Ranking the SEC Quarterbacks for 2014

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If #1-3 end up being the best qb in the SEC this year the SEC might not place a team in the final four.

And yes, I agree, ranking Coker that high is suspect, with little evidence to go on.

Matty Mauk ought to be offended being ranked #6. The group is super weak in the SEC but he ought to be top 3 IMO.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I don't see how anyone couldn't rate Nick Marshall number one at this point.
He QB'ed Auburn to the national championship game and they simply couldn't have done it without him.
sip

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
IMO, Mauk and Thompson are ranked too low and Prescott is rated too high.
Agree. I'd probably have Mason a little higher as well, based on potential and the fact that he has at least a few games experience.

I'm also not sure how Coker is ranked higher than guys who have actually played and been successful in multiple games.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I have a feeling after reading this.. Coker may be ranked to low actually..Folks in the know that's actually around him says he's that truly Elite QB we haven't seen at Bama & that's no offense to AJ..Cause he's the best QB I've seen at Bama, but, folks are saying Coker is better, faster, and a stronger arm, I'm officially excited about Coker..And can't wait to see what the guy will be at the end of the season..Read this link..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

1. Jacob Coker: The reports continue to get better every week. Word today from one of our best sources is: When Nick Saban and others call you phenomenal…WOW…Coach Saban was referring to a player (Coker) we need to step up. Going to be a good year if this is the case. Source said he could be special if everything comes together. Also talked to the best high school quarterback coach I know of and he said when he went to a clinic there recently that he had never seen anything like it. He coached against Coker in high school and said Jimbo has turned him into an NFL prospect. Coach also said if bama OL can come together this might be Saban’s most prolific offense ever because of the wr. No sunshine pumped as you know but this was really my only concern about this team. Said it was so noticeable how talented he is that the players gravitate to him. Nothing against Blake but they see the writing on the wall. His go to guy so far has been OJ Howard. They have clicked.

Last edited:

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Wow. What a down year for QB's in the SEC. Of course, someone may emerge during the season. But for now it looks like a season where good defenses may flourish. Not even Marshall at Auburn would make a seasoned DC lose much sleep, with that simple one dimensional offense that Gus uses. Should be an interesting year.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Wow. What a down year for QB's in the SEC. Of course, someone may emerge during the season. But for now it looks like a season where good defenses may flourish. Not even Marshall at Auburn would make a seasoned DC lose much sleep, with that simple one dimensional offense that Gus uses. Should be an interesting year.
Gus's offense is normally much more balanced. Hopefully the passing game will come on this year. I hope Duke Williams is all he's hyped up to be. He looked good in the spring.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Gus's offense is normally much more balanced. Hopefully the passing game will come on this year. I hope Duke Williams is all he's hyped up to be. He looked good in the spring.
Didn't know who Duke Williams was until i just looked him up. I assumed he may nave been a QB to rotate in for passing plays since you were talking about Gus employing a more balanced offense - but it looks like he's a WR. I hope he can throw the ball to himself.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Didn't know who Duke Williams was until i just looked him up. I assumed he may nave been a QB to rotate in for passing plays since you were talking about Gus employing a more balanced offense - but it looks like he's a WR. I hope he can throw the ball to himself.
:biggrin: Nick can...

I wouldn't be so quick to sell Marshall short. He has a cannon for an arm and can make NFL throws. Touch and consistency have hopefully improved. He looked better in the spring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.