Game Thread: USA vs Germany - Escape to Live Again (main thread until Belgium)...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Re: USA vs Germany - Escape to Victory

I'm curious why Directv isn't on the watch espn app? It would make my life a lot easier trying to watch the match. :)

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Pretty good half, all in all.

Good play by both sides. A little sloppy at times and a little chippy at times - though much of that could be attributed to the playing conditions.

Germany certainly isn't taking it easy, though, and we're more than holding our own against them. This U.S. team has shown marked improvement heading into this World Cup and especially in Group play. I think we're hitting our peak at just the right time and that bodes well for us if we are able to advance.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Portugal leading Ghana 1-0. If that remains, then we advance no matter what happens vs. Germany.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Pretty good half, all in all.

Good play by both sides. A little sloppy at times and a little chippy at times - though much of that could be attributed to the playing conditions.

Germany certainly isn't taking it easy, though, and we're more than holding our own against them. This U.S. team has shown marked improvement heading into this World Cup and especially in Group play. I think we're hitting our peak at just the right time and that bodes well for us if we are able to advance.
Yes. I can't keep from thinking "if we just had Altidore." I think we'd be up at least a goal. Jones is our only real threat. I've been very disappointed in Bradley, although he's improving with each game...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Yes. I can't keep from thinking "if we just had Altidore." I think we'd be up at least a goal. Jones is our only real threat. I've been very disappointed in Bradley, although he's improving with each game...
Agreed on Bradley. I believe it was his midfield turnover that allowed Portugal's last gasp goal.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

And it seems Ghana pulled one of our usual moves - an unfortunately misplayed clearance on a cross that ended up in their own net.

Ghana is literally beating themselves, at the moment.
:biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's a link that is supposed to update the scenarios of USA's chances to survive. Link

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

OT, but there's talk of Uruguay boycotting their match with Colombia...
Tommy Smith was on Mike and Mike this morning saying Suarez can appeal his suspension, which would allow him to play against Colombia.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Agreed on Bradley. I believe it was his midfield turnover that allowed Portugal's last gasp goal.

While it was his turnover that indirectly led to the goal (gave them the possession in which they got the goal), it's not really fair to lay all of the blame for that goal at his feet.

Beasley could have pressed Ronaldo, not allowing him to simply tee up a cross, but he instead held back to prevent being beaten down the flank.

Cameron could have anticipated the run his man was making and maintained inside position, thereby being in position to actually contest the header.

Also, you'll notice that, of those three, Cameron didn't start this game which may indicate where Klinsman believed most of the blame lay.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.