Game Thread: USA vs Germany - Escape to Live Again (main thread until Belgium)...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Re: USA vs Germany - Escape to Victory

Some stats via ESPN- German holds the time of possession 66% to 34%. They have 11 (5 on goal) to our 2 (0 on goal). They are just better. Let's hold on to survive and advance.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Are the Germans also exhausted? I guess I've been out of the loop, was only aware of one injury keeping a player out.
They played 27 hours before we did last game, and we were in the rain forest. They haven't traveled as much as we have.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

They played 27 hours before we did last game, and we were in the rain forest. They haven't traveled as much as we have.
OK, makes sense - thanks for helping me in my ignorance! trying to watch, too much business to stop and focus on it...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

They've traveled one third the distance we have and had 27 hours more rest for this game...
Yep - and the US game was so hot that the official stopped the game for a water break - first and only time that has ever happened in World Cup play.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Yep - and the US game was so hot that the official stopped the game for a water break - first and only time that has ever happened in World Cup play.
This is the second one. I don't know if you were counting the other game...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.