Game Thread: USA vs Germany - Escape to Live Again (main thread until Belgium)...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Re: USA vs Germany - Escape to Victory

I thought it could have been even worse, with his history...

Yes, it could have been worse; Suarez shouldn't be complaining about these penalties (assuming he is).

I do believe it's the stiffest penalties FIFA has ever handed down for an after-the-fact, on-field incident, though.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Yes, it could have been worse; Suarez shouldn't be complaining about these penalties (assuming he is).

I do believe it's the stiffest penalties FIFA has ever handed down for an after-the-fact, on-field incident, though.
I believe it is also. I've heard anything from Suarez yet. There's an international site I look at from time to time. I'll go check for reaction there... LINK

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA

I have been told that due to the complicated scenarios of who gets thru, a committee will determine the top 4 teams to advance to a playoff. The committee, led by Kim Juon Un, has announced the 2 semi final games:

Game 1
North Korea A
vs.
North Korea B

Game 2
North Korea A
vs.
North Korea B

Dennis Rodman would like to congratulate North Korea for winning their 3-peat World Cup Title. North Korea also won the World Cup in 2012 and 2013.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Well, on the plus side it certainly looks like our back four has shown up to play defense - along with help from the midfield.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

I've only been watching for about 10 minutes because Watch ESPN wouldn't load at first and, so far, both teams seem to be taking it very easy, not much attacking, especially Germany. Looks like a 0-0 draw is coming. It may not be "agreed" upon but, they all know what's at stake and they don't want to mess it up. I don't think German fans want to be responsible for eliminating Klinsmann, everything I've read says that he is highly regarded and very well respected in Germany.

If we beat Germany, does Germany still get in?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, on the plus side it certainly looks like our back four has shown up to play defense - along with help from the midfield.
Not only that, but our front line, particularly Bradley, has been programmed to play defense more aggressively...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Germans getting away with murder, but that's what all their opponents say...
Well, the ref is "letting 'em play" a bit on both sides.

So far, it's been a much more aggressive game on both sides, with more scoring opportunities, than I was anticipating.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

We need to be careful here, right before half-time. It would be nice to get a late goal heading into the half but it could be devastating to give one up by making a stupid mistake or getting too aggressive right before the half.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Agree about the refs, they seem to be letting them play.

Hasn't felt real aggressive to me, although it seems to have picked up some during the last few minutes. I also only watch soccer a few times every 4 years so, what do I know, maybe this is aggressive for soccer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.