Game Thread: USA vs Germany - Escape to Live Again (main thread until Belgium)...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree, but due to the nature of the sport, I can't think of a perfect way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that the NFL is pretty close right now. College football's overtime is a joke.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
CJK said today he is "very optimistic" Altidore can play Tuesday.

Same can be said for hockey using a shoot out to decide games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That'll be great, if he can go full speed. Our strikers are doing so poorly that he'll be asset even at 3/4. I found it interesting against Germany was that, even with their powerful attack, couldn't score except on a set piece. Our defense has grown up. Now if we could just generate some offense...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Both teams are still sprinting up and down the field, challenging every possession by every player and pressuring on both sides of the ball. The players still look fresh. Either these are the two best conditioned teams in the World Cup, or the temp/humidity is much improved for this game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Both teams are still sprinting up and down the field, challenging every possession by every player and pressuring on both sides of the ball. The players still look fresh. Either these are the two best conditioned teams in the World Cup, or the temp/humidity is much improved for this game.
Where are they playing?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Where are they playing?
The host stadium in Minas Gerais.

I just checked and it says that it is currently 81 degrees there. That is pretty warm for this type of activity, but the humidity is only 32%.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How random was that? No skill whatsoever involved in that outcome. Might as well have flipped a coin.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
The problem is if you didn't use penalty kicks and kept playing the winning team would be so exhausted that they would almost certainly lose the next game. And the hockey games, I've watched that go into triple or quadruple overtime usually are decided by a garbage goal that bounce off somebodies backside or skate into their own goal. So while not ideal, its probably the best option for teams that are that evenly matched.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Love how Mexico is staying aggressive. If we get a lead we need to play like this instead of going so conservative.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.