News Article: Auburn’s Jonathon Mincy popped for pot possession

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Its tough to get worked up over minor possession when just about every team seems to have one guy get dinged per off-season.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It seems Gus told the boys, "We run the HUNH and we run it too fast. This year we need to improve our possession time" and Mincy came up with, well, you know.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Don't really care about the pot, it's stupid but whatever. Id be more concerned with going 92 in a 65.
Yeah, driving that fast with a bag of weed on the back seat is beyond stupid. Don't really care about weed use during the off-season, but could he at least try to be a little more intelligent about when/where to use it? It is still illegal in most states.

And I am not buying the part of the story in which the driver wasn't smoking. 92 MPH while high on weed...

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
It ain't the dope that bothers me.

Mincy visited a D.A.R.E. camp put on by Auburn police with over 200 youth
Well he knows what is right and wrong. I can't make fun of him for trying to steer youth away from drugs even if he himself smokes pot. Alcohol and testosterone are deadly drugs when combined. I hate the gateway label so many put on pot while they drink their drug of choice.

No I do not smoke pot. I did as a teenager though. Alcohol almost killed me several times as a youth and was much more of a gateway in my opinion.

Rant off.:smile:

Roll Tide.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well he knows what is right and wrong. I can't make fun of him for trying to steer youth away from drugs even if he himself smokes pot. Alcohol and testosterone are deadly drugs when combined. I hate the gateway label so many put on pot while they drink their drug of choice.

No I do not smoke pot. I did as a teenager though. Alcohol almost killed me several times as a youth and was much more of a gateway in my opinion.

Rant off.:smile:

Roll Tide.
As someone who has run multiple thousands of drug tests, I can guarantee you that that thought is right far more often than it is wrong. In twelve years of running drug tests (totaling in the multiple thousands), I've only had FIVE cases where the person who was positive for THC was not also positive for something else. I'm not arguing for or against illegality, I'm just telling you the science I've seen - while some of the claims (Reefer Madness) are exagerrated, that one is not.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
As someone who has run multiple thousands of drug tests, I can guarantee you that that thought is right far more often than it is wrong. In twelve years of running drug tests (totaling in the multiple thousands), I've only had FIVE cases where the person who was positive for THC was not also positive for something else. I'm not arguing for or against illegality, I'm just telling you the science I've seen - while some of the claims (Reefer Madness) are exagerrated, that one is not.
I can't contradict any science you have to back up your claims. Its just my opinion alcohol is more deadly of the two.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is a huge difference between coorelation and causation.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He will sit out the San Jose State game in week 2.
Lol what? Are they blatantly letting him play the first game of season against Arkansas and sitting him against a patsy. I'm sure that type of punishment will really teach the kid a lesson.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I can't contradict any science you have to back up your claims. Its just my opinion alcohol is more deadly of the two.
Well, that's a different claim, and I actually agree.

But is that because of it's nature or because folks wouldn't go out driving while high?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.