Link: Offseason BUZZ from the Capstone: What we are hearing

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
TideMan I just don't think Coach Saban will start a QB in the first game of the season who has never taken a major college snap as a starter, and, even more important, has never been through a spring practice at Bama. That would be like starting a true freshman basically.
I think they both will play in the first game, Blake will start, and a decision will be made as to who might be "the man", kinda like when it was A.J. or Simms.
Blake deserves a chance to start a game. I think the team feels that way and I think Coach Saban feels that way. I certainly do.
I may be wrong but that's what I think.
sip
How many meaningful snaps has Blake taken?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
TideMan, I don't have the words to describe how HUNGRY I've been for a thread like this.

Leave it to a knowledgeable, resourceful fan such as yourself to deliver...

Can't thank you enough, brother!!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Don't you go and get me all excited! You better not do that!! :biggrin2:

I really hope that OLine comes together. That and the secondary are really my only concern.
HAHA..The Tony Brown, Joshua Carter & especially the Tony Brow updates has me excited the most..Cause I think Coker will end being as good as any QB in the Nation..Our secondary needs Tony Brown to come in & play to solidify the secondary..And if Jackson is as good as they say..Our O-Line could be really really good..
I don't think that he has excited you as well as he could. :biggrin:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
AlabamaIntel isn't an obscure website.
I too appreciate this info Tideman09. I'm so tired of the stories about what Spurrier thinks about CNS work ethic etc.
It's good to hear some team reports! August can't get here fast enough. Dominick Jackson is a man and I hope he plays as good as he looks. RTR!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think Tony Brown could be one of the most important recruits we've landed.
Yep. We've haven't really had a shut down corner since Dre and Dee. Makes the defense much more effective if we have a corner that can shut down one side of the field. Will enable Landon to roam around and wreak havoc.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I respectfully disagree. If coach thinks he is ready, he will throw him in the fire. There is a reason why we got Coker and let me be the one to remind you.. Sims has not exactly won the job.. while we'lls ee the battle int eh fall, Coker will come out ahead, because he already know the offense from FSU and IT's a matter of time before Saban will say he's the starter.
TideMan I just don't think Coach Saban will start a QB in the first game of the season who has never taken a major college snap as a starter, and, even more important, has never been through a spring practice at Bama. That would be like starting a true freshman basically.
I think they both will play in the first game, Blake will start, and a decision will be made as to who might be "the man", kinda like when it was A.J. or Simms.
Blake deserves a chance to start a game. I think the team feels that way and I think Coach Saban feels that way. I certainly do.
sip

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think we all know that we won't know for sure until August camp, but Let me be the one to say, that things I've heard this summer is very consistent with the link that TideMan provided at the moment, and It sounds like Saban already knows who's his man is, but he doesn't want to say anything until he knows for sure when they return to 2 a days and see how he works with full offense at his hand. He's trying to give Sims and Bateman a chance to take the job, and Sims had that opportunity at A-day and he blew it... but he has another chance, but it'll be very hard for him at this point. Tony Brown is moving along, but He will have a role in Game 1.. but after that, its possible he could emerge as a starter somewhere between Game 3 and 4. That goes for Marlon H, if Cyrus and Slyve can't handle their job.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Sip Brother I usually agree 100% with ya, but, I disagree with ya this time..While neither QB has played a lot of snaps, there stats from last are pretty equal when you compare them..I think Coach Saban owes it to the team to start the best player against WV & allow that QB to takes the offense & run with it & I honestly think Coker will be that man cause Coach Saban wouldn't have let him join the team to sit behind Sims..If anything..I can see Coker named the starter & Sims come in and run some plays as well like he did at LSU that one year..

That would reward Sims & keep him happy..And reward him for being loyal & working his backside off to become a better QB..Loyalty & hard work is big with Coach Saban & I think he will earn some PT, just not as the starter, he's earned that much & I think that's how it'll play out..If he's named the starter, more power to him, and we will support him..And the two head monster can be with Sims as the starter & Coker coming in as well..I just don't see that & will be shocked if Coker isn't named the starter soon after Fall Camp starts, but, wouldn't be surprised if Coach Saban doesn't name a starter to make WV wait & see who comes out in our 1st offensive play..If that's the case..I fully expect Coker being that QB..

Here's Cokers ESPN stats for 2013 at FSU last season
CMPATTYDSCMP%YPALNGTDINTSACKRATRAW QBRADJ QBR
Here's Sims..ESPN stats for 2013 at Bama last season
CMPATTYDSCMP%YPALNGTDINTSACKRATRAW QBRADJ QBR

sip

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If you're on Facebook a good bit..Here's their Facebook Page..Like & share a couple of their stories ever so often..And their post will start showing up on your Timeline..I hate how Facebook decides to show which post you see..The pages or person you like & shares the most are the ones that shows up on your Facebook Timeline..It's a pain in the backside if ya ask me & you miss a lot of your friends posts they way it works..

Here's The Link To Alabama Intels Facebook Page..CLICK ME
Thanks for the post tideman. I have never heard of alabamaintel until you posted this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got a chance to finish this. TideMan09 just committed a crime and got me excited when I said I wasn't going to get excited. I was just "cautiously optimistic" for the upcoming season. Dang it!

Seriously, if those five star corners give Bama something this year, it will turn out special. Isn't every year though?!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Coker's skill set and measurables alone make me interested and anxious to see how he does.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
My main concern is our kicking game, Foster was considered elite out of HS, but never developed. And now Adam Griffith, another kicker also considered elite out of HS looked pretty shaky in the spring game.
I want to know how UGA does it. They seem to have a quality kicking game year in, year out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.