Link: Offseason BUZZ from the Capstone: What we are hearing

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
How many meaningful snaps has Blake taken?
This. Is there really a difference between "never taken a snap" and "never taken a meaningful snap"? Cause I don't think so. And considering how Blake played when he was in a game, any snaps he's taken aren't really to his credit. It's not like the McCarron situation. Sims has shown us nothing as far as passing ability goes.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I wonder if it's our FG coaching..As compared to their FG coaching..Other teams do seem to have better PK'ers than us consistently..The best FG Kicker I remember at Bama was Michael Proctor..Dude had the most consistent leg I ever remember at Bama & he won us many games kicking FG's under Coach Stallings offense..
I want to know how UGA does it. They seem to have a quality kicking game year in, year out.

Last edited:

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
That article was actually the most informative I've read about Bama football for some time. I'll have to check that site out some more.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I've been following it awhile & should have linked the site sooner than I did..It's the best informative free site for Bama Football I've found & is as good as any pay site to be honest..And TideFans has the absolute best Bama Fans Football forum on the planet & the nicest most informative football fans I've seen..And is the only football..Between the two sites we're hooked up Bro..LOL
That article was actually the most informative I've read about Bama football for some time. I'll have to check that site out some more.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Great question & will be interesting to see what kinda offense we're going to have..Cause Coach Saban has stated his dislike about HUNH offenses cause the QB takes so many hard shots & just gets hit so many times running the ball & should their QB go down with an injury, do they have an adequate replacement, I wish I had saved that article from last year before Coach Kiffin was hired & Coker was still a rumor..

At least it makes for an interesting summer as we look even more forward to a new QB & possibly new type offense or will we remain a Pro Style Offense which I hope we stay, but, give Coker or Sims the green light to take off when they see a hole to gain a chunk of yards..Cause that will keep D's honest & makes them play the entire field & will open up our running game instead of crowding the LOS to shut down our running game..It's a win win for us & not so much for the rest of college football..
I'm curious about something. Will they have run package for COker, if he gets the job?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Great article! I am excited and can't wait for the season! I also am very concerned with the place-kicking.(It seems like it might be awful).

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
This. Is there really a difference between "never taken a snap" and "never taken a meaningful snap"? Cause I don't think so. And considering how Blake played when he was in a game, any snaps he's taken aren't really to his credit. It's not like the McCarron situation. Sims has shown us nothing as far as passing ability goes.
Blake has actually performed pretty darn well in games. His passing stats are not bad at all and he can run like a deer.
If you really think about it objectively, the only team that has ever made Blake look bad is the Bama defense in our own spring games.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I have a question for all the Sims "deserves the start" crowd. When has Saban ever not started the guy that gives us the best chance to win because someone else "deserves" it?

Sims may get the start, but it won't be because he deserves it. It would be because he earned it and gives us the best chance to win.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I have a question for all the Sims "deserves the start" crowd. When has Saban ever not started the guy that gives us the best chance to win because someone else "deserves" it?

Sims may get the start, but it won't be because he deserves it. It would be because he earned it and gives us the best chance to win.
Thank you! I appreciate Blake as much as anyone but want what is best for the team. If that means Blake, Cooper or Jacob, I don't care. We need a competitive fall camp and may the best man win.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

QFT

In fact, it's kind of insulting to Sims to suggest he'll get the nod because he's done the time - if he starts it's because CNS and the staff believe he gives us the best chance to win, period.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If our OL comes together, our offense should be outstanding. Glad to hear about Brown and Evans on defense. We need playmakers in the secondary and guys that can chase the QB.
So ready for fall camp to start.
I didn't like the we we finished the year, last year.
I'm so ready to erase that 'Blot' and get back to winning.

If JC is our next 'Big Thing' it could mean another banner year.
We have the RBs to win.
We have the Receivers to win.

ALL WE NEED IS SOMEONE TO GET THEM THE BALL.

Now about our line... Hope it jells fast.
I think we have the guys who can win in that position too.

I can't wait for fall practice to start. :BigA:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If he wins the starting job, I'll support him with Tide Pride, cause if he win the starting job, he's definitely has earned it & I respect the heck out of that...
QFT

In fact, it's kind of insulting to Sims to suggest he'll get the nod because he's done the time - if he starts it's because CNS and the staff believe he gives us the best chance to win, period.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Blake has actually performed pretty darn well in games. His passing stats are not bad at all and he can run like a deer.
If you really think about it objectively, the only team that has ever made Blake look bad is the Bama defense in our own spring games.
I tend to have selective memory, but I remember the 2012 Iron Bowl when AJ and co. scored every possession to amass 49 points and then Blake comes in with almost an entire half left to play and, well, the score stayed at 49. And that Auburn team was terrible.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm just not as worried about who our QB will be. If we can go 12-2 with the team we had in 2008 and JPW, 14-0 in 2009 with McElroy and 13-1 with a youthful AJ we should be able to do as well with whichever QB comes out on top.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I know players needs reps to get better & I remember that half you're talking about..Our 2nd team offense just looked bad with Blake at the helm running our offense..Granted Coach Saban had called off the dogs & offense played to kill off the clock..Blake just didn't look in control & didn't get a feel for the offense the more reps he got..It was a train wreck & I remember Coach Saban getting on Blake pretty good..Cause his play trickled on down to the rest of the offense & offense just looked terrible with Blake at QB..
I tend to have selective memory, but I remember the 2012 Iron Bowl when AJ and co. scored every possession to amass 49 points and then Blake comes in with almost an entire half left to play and, well, the score stayed at 49. And that Auburn team was terrible.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.