bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
And his family, friends, and fans will grieve. For the rest of us, this is a good opportunity to remember how dangerous something we do every day can be. Looking squarely at how it happened and what could have prevented it just might save a life. As long as it is respectful--and nothing I have seen on this thread hasn't been-I think it's fine.

On the first page of this thread there was brief specualtion that alcohol was involved (prior to any media reports) and the ol' "nothing good late at night" bit. Both were inappropriate, and even now that we know his seatbelt issues are likely to blame for his death, it's still inappropriate to wag the finger. Give it a day or two.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This is a very sad day in Alabama and beyond. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, former teammates, coaches and fans. May God wrap his loving arms around this family.

They say that time heals all wounds, but some of them take a lifetime for family members. One thing that family can look at is all the positive influence that he had on his fellow man. I'm sure the recent TE commit to Auburn is just one of MANY where he had a positive impact.

I was hoping several years ago that he would commit to Alabama. Instead, he became an outstanding TE for Auburn.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Sad to hear. There's nothing I like better than to beat that *u butt...but this is above and beyond that. To anyone that loves Football, and appreciates great players, this is a loss for all. Sympathy and condolences to the families and loved ones of all that were lost in the accident.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
On the first page of this thread there was brief specualtion that alcohol was involved (prior to any media reports) and the ol' "nothing good late at night" bit. Both were inappropriate, and even now that we know his seatbelt issues are likely to blame for his death, it's still inappropriate to wag the finger. Give it a day or two.
To be fair, this is what some people inevitably do with news like this. The people arguing that is highlights the dangers of not wearing a seatbelt are technically correct, and obviously the statistics and nature of the accident would lean strongly towards alcohol use. Whether or not the driver was drinking, it's a valid point that it is unsafe. Similarly, the driver may or may not have been texting... and it would be logical for people to point out how dangerous that is.

We all deal with shocking information in different ways. Some need to express their appreciation for a person they never knew or liked, others need to vent about the possible cause of the event. Some people on here probably knew him, and I feel very sorry for those who do, but no more than for people who knew the other deceased, or even those who know the survivors.

While I very much understand your point, people will say what they will say, and the "finger wagging" should be a reminder to the rest of us, not the departed and their families. While I wouldn't call the posts on here compassionate, they are reasonably appropriate and definitely predictable.

So unless you want to get into a meta-argument about the finger wagging in which you are now participating, it may be easier to just accept that everyone else who has their own opinion will let you know it and how yours is incorrect, just like you and I are doing... We're all hypocrites and insensitive at times.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
So unless you want to get into a meta-argument about the finger wagging in which you are now participating, it may be easier to just accept that everyone else who has their own opinion

Apparently he's just having a bad day on the internet. Maybe he should start is own message board if he wants to dictate the discussion.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Apparently he's just having a bad day on the internet. Maybe he should start is own message board if he wants to dictate the discussion.
I'm not saying I support your views either... You're trying to dictate the discussion just as much as he is. And I am doing the same now.

To be clear, I am very much thinking about the families of Ian, Philip, and the survivors Elizabeth and Christian.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
One day, I just hope, one day this country will begin to respect the dangers of driving and being around cars, and that day we all start driving within the laws and watching out for the other driver, our passengers, and ourselves. There is no reason for this "accident", accept a complete lack of respect for driving.
The Golden Rule for internet postings:

If you don't have anything nice to say, then say it with class, say it eloquently, and for goodness sake use the English language like your English teacher tried so hard to teach you.

Your post would be easier to accept except for the pompousness of your Golden Rule!

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
This is sad news. No matter what the reasons were for the accident, that does not give any of us a reason to point fingers towards the victims, their families, schools or each other. I pray for the families and friends of the deceased because that is what they need right now. Nothing more and nothing less.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think mentioning him not wearing a seat belt is a valid comment. It doesn't make him a bad person, he just made a bad decision that sadly cost him his life. If one person is scared into being a regular seat belt user, then at least some good will come out of this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.