Ex-Auburn TE Phillip Lutzenkirchen Died in Car Crash

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Terrible, terrible news.

My condolences to their family and friends. The message to wear a seatbelt can not be reinforced enough...

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I think mentioning him not wearing a seat belt is a valid comment. It doesn't make him a bad person, he just made a bad decision that sadly cost him his life. If one person is scared into being a regular seat belt user, then at least some good will come out of this.

I agree, it is important to mention this. With all the accidents on 459 this week and the bad one on 65 last week...we need to all remember to wear seat belts.

BamaDan26

Jun 19, 2013
This is really sad news for me to hear. Lutz was one of the few auburn players I really respected. He was a class act. My prayers are with his family.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Very sad news. He was always one of those guys you wanted to beat, because down deep you held him in such high regard. Class, clutch player and gentleman. RIP Phillip.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
The Golden Rule for internet postings:

If you don't have anything nice to say, then say it with class, say it eloquently, and for goodness sake use the English language like your English teacher tried so hard to teach you.

Your post would be easier to accept except for the pompousness of your Golden Rule!
Interesting. I don't see it as pompousness. You're the only one to say anything about my signature.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I think mentioning him not wearing a seat belt is a valid comment. It doesn't make him a bad person, he just made a bad decision that sadly cost him his life. If one person is scared into being a regular seat belt user, then at least some good will come out of this.
We all need to wear our seat belts as they do increase your chances of surviving an accident but they aren't 100% effective.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
On the first page of this thread there was brief specualtion that alcohol was involved (prior to any media reports) and the ol' "nothing good late at night" bit. Both were inappropriate, and even now that we know his seatbelt issues are likely to blame for his death, it's still inappropriate to wag the finger. Give it a day or two.
Is it okay now? Alcohol is almost always involved in early morning one car accidents, especially when it is not raining or snowing. You call it speculation, I call it deductive reasoning and I don't find it in appropriate at all.

What happened to Lutzenkirchen is horrible and my prayers go out to his family and friends. From everything I've seen, heard and read, he was a special player and a smart kid and will be greatly missed. It's a shame that he made the mistake of getting in a car with a drunk driver and then not using a seat belt; when will people learn.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
It's a mistake that most of us have made.
That's it. Most people just get away with it, but some people pay the price.

Just awful, awful news. Do hate to hear alcohol was involved, but really I think most people expected that would be the case.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
We all need to wear our seat belts as they do increase your chances of surviving an accident but they aren't 100% effective.
True, but the guy who was wearing his in this accident walked away.
I've had an accident where wearing a seat belt *may* have saved my life, and an accident where if I had been wearing it, I would without a doubt be dead.

The latter involved a Suburban's 454 engine ending up in the driver's side of the bench seat, with the driver ending up on the passenger's side.

I wear my seat belt.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I
The latter involved a Suburban's 454 engine ending up in the driver's side of the bench seat, with the driver ending up on the passenger's side.
Well my '63 Ford is a bull
She's four thousand pounds at least
But metal surrenders
When oak trees meet fenders
And engines go through the front seat

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
. It's a shame that he made the mistake of getting in a car with a drunk driver and then not using a seat belt; when will people learn.
Not speculating on Lutz' situation, but I think most people riding in a car being driven by a drunk are probably intoxicated as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.