Flood Of Kids To Bring Overcrowded Classrooms And Diseases To Public Schools.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...to-Hit-Public-Schools-Texas-Officials-Silent/

If school vouchers are common down there, I would band together with all my neighbors and remove my kids and enter them into some type of temporary private school.
I feel for the teachers who will be the real ones dealing with this situation caused by our Federal Government. So the teachers are hurt as well as the children of legal citizens.

If people were to ban together for a private school, the parents would be paying for the private schooling as well as being taxed to pay for the illegal immigrants in public schools.

If our President properly executed/enforced our immigration laws, we would not have this situation.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
In a vote of 5-to-4, the Court found the Plyler v. Doe in violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment, ruling that undocumented immigrant children had protection from discrimination unless a substantial state interest could be shown to justify it.
It seems like any time you find a Federal judge's decision that is mindbogglingly stupid or contrary to reality or common sense, the 14th Amendment is behind it.
In effect the Federal government has declared, "We won't enforce immigration law and you states are not allowed to do it either."
Texas would probably have been better off not ratifying that treaty in 1845,

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
If people were to ban together for a private school, the parents would be paying for the private schooling as well as being taxed to pay for the illegal immigrants in public schools.
my understanding of vouchers is that you dont pay property taxes and then pay for the vouchers. the beauty of the system is that you pay prop taxes and then receive a voucher to use any way you want. thus you dont get charged twice, the school system has to earn your business, and you dont subsidize crime and mediocrity.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I feel for the teachers who will be the real ones dealing with this situation caused by our Federal Government. So the teachers are hurt as well as the children of legal citizens.

If our President properly executed/enforced our immigration laws, we would not have this situation.
When has this president done anything good for this Country?

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I worked at a private school that was on the receiving end of vouchers. It completely destroyed the character of the school and made it inrecognizable. The only good thing is that it allowed the school to stay open, but I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
As I've stated before, I'm no fan of vouchers. I moved to where I did with my wife so our kids could go to strong public schools. I work two jobs to pay for that house and pay the property taxes knowing my kids are getting a great education. I don't mind it and hope my kids will appreciate it. That being said, I don't want kids from North Shore ISD or the now defunct North Forest ISD or Aldine ISD moving into Katy because they have vouchers. Call it racist, classist, elitist or whatever you want to. I pay taxes, most of them don't and as a result of me not only paying taxes but paying higher property taxes so my kids can go to nicer schools, kids from outside the district shouldn't be allowed to enter based on a "voucher" basis.

Now, back to the topic of immigrant kids. A $200 one way plane ticket is cheaper than housing them and educating them. Lock the border down and stop this insanity.

If it doesn't stop, you'll see the Minutemen rise again, but you'll see it occur in a more militant fashion.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I wonder what happened to the old liberal arguement of "you can't separate the families"? Seems they would be for sending these kids back to their family. I'm sure they will return to that arguement as soon as the family comes here illegally.
They came here illegally so they have no say in what happens to them after they get here. I say stack 'em up in slave shacks and put 'em to work planting fields and picking cotton. Make 'em cut grass with push mowers, dig ditches, pick up trash along the sides of the roads, etc. Those are only examples, of course. The point is to make their lives here worse - much worse - than it was in their own home countries. Maybe then they'll find a way to pack up and go back. Maybe then the liberals will feel sorry for them and pay for the buses to take them back across the borders from whence they came.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I wonder what happened to the old liberal arguement of "you can't separate the families"? Seems they would be for sending these kids back to their family. I'm sure they will return to that arguement as soon as the family comes here illegally.
Wait for the other show to drop. The kid comes to the US illegally, leaving parents behind. The next argument will be "We need to reunite families. Bring the parents here. Why are you advocating keeping families apart?"
It is already happening.
Salvadoran woman comes to the US illegally, shacks up with a Mexican illegal alien in Utah. Now she is being deported. She can't emigrate to Mexico (for some reason). He can't emigrate to El Sal (ditto). So the only conceivable solution is that they remain together in the US, right? People are making that exact argument with a straight face.
Maybe she should go back home and work on making her home country a better place.
Or, she can stay here and make her illegal adopted home more like El Salvador (with its extreme poverty, rampant corruption, violent crime, etc.) Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.. That's what America needs, more poverty, corruption and violence.
At least we have the consolation that she'll be voting Democrat come November.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
It's Bush's fault HAHAHAHa:biggrin: Digest that all you chronic Obama blamers!

http://thinkprogress.org/immigration/2014/07/06/3456735/rick-perry-children-asylum-raddatz/

theWilliam Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 requires that those seeking refugee status from Central American countries receive due process:

President Obama did not create the migrant children influx. The current process of dealing with unaccompanied children from countries other than Mexico was set by the Bush administration, according to Dara Lind at Vox. Under the law, the Border Patrol agency is required to take in these children, screen and vaccinate them, then turn them over to the Department of Health of Human Services’ Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).
As Raddatz noted, the Customs and Border Protection Agency launched an ad campaign last week aimed at discouraging child refugees from coming to the United States and has stepped up efforts to deport those who do. He also requested last week that Congress make changes to the law to expedite deportation decisions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.