Game Thread: USA vs Belgium - Altidore Cleared!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Hope he can play, but a hamstring is a very slow heal. If he sprints, he will likely feel it tighten up regardless. It can flare up at any time and I think you see folks play more gingerly with a hamstring than with a calf or ankle injury.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hope he can play, but a hamstring is a very slow heal. If he sprints, he will likely feel it tighten up regardless. It can flare up at any time and I think you see folks play more gingerly with a hamstring than with a calf or ankle injury.
True, but Jozy is only 24, and that helps a great deal...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not likely to start, but still huge news, and an emotional boost.

Roll USA ROLL!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/u-s--f...-in-world-cup-game-vs--belgium-172207970.html
I see him as a late sub. We have only three subs in what is likely to be a 120 minute game. Unless and until we're sure we're not going to need the 3rd sub - and we don't want to play ten men against the Belgians - he's got to be a late sub. The counter to that is to start him, so that, if he gimps up, it only represents one substitution. CJK's remarks have been "blurry," to say the least...

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
I have never thought I would be into soccer, but I am appreciating this game more and more over the last few years. Maybe it is because soccer has Ian Darke, CBS has Verne, Gary, and a bazillion commercials :conf3:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I see him as a late sub. We have only three subs in what is likely to be a 120 minute game. Unless and until we're sure we're not going to need the 3rd sub - and we don't want to play ten men against the Belgians - he's got to be a late sub. The counter to that is to start him, so that, if he gimps up, it only represents one substitution. CJK's remarks have been "blurry," to say the least...

I agree with you. I think this will be a game in which goals will be hard to come by. More so if Kompany is healthy for the Belgians. That defense is stout with him and Van Buyten in the middle, and their keeper is world class.

Keep Jozy off and bring him on late to give us an offensive spark.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
FWIW, here's the link to the BigSoccer.com's pregame thread. They're the largest US English-based (not all mods, though) site I've run across. The link is to the last page, but it's easy to back up as far as you want... LINK

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Altidore won't start.

The whiteboard in the locker room says the team will go 4-3-3 today to be more aggressive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.