Link: Kim Jacob wins national female collegiate athlete of the year

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Roll Tide to Kim Jacob who won the Honda Cup last night as the top national female collegiate athlete of the year!

I hope no one minds me posting this here, since this is a huge accomplishment. And it is offseason. And probably no one reads the women's sports board now that softball season is over. ;)

And by the way, the awards show will be rebroadcast on CBS Sports Network tonight at 11pm Eastern / 10pm Central.

'Stunned' Alabama gymnast named national female collegiate athlete of the year

Former Alabama gymnast Kim Jacob added one more honor Monday night.

The 2014 NCAA all-around champion won the Honda Cup as the collegiate woman athlete of the year for all sports in Los Angeles. She became the first from Alabama to win the award that was presented live on the CBS Sports Network.

She didn't see it coming.

"I am stunned," Jacob said, according to a UA news release. "I never thought this was possible, but if there is a lesson in this, it's to always dare to dream big."

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
This is one of Alabama's all time greatest honors -- for Jacob to be selected as No. 1 of all U.S. collegiate female athletes, out of thousands. A rare and outstanding accomplishment for her and the University!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.