Oklahoma goes the multi-uniform route.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I was sad to read of this development. As a matter of fact, I ridiculed programs for the tactic. Traditional programs like OU should NEVER try to fix what ain't broke.

Proponents claim a recruiting advantage. Unless recruits have changed a lot, they want to go to programs where they can win, be seen on TV a lot, and become developed for a possible future in the NFL.

Thank goodness the unis are for only two games per year.
I agree with you. I hope they do it for like 1-2 seasons then forget about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with as always my friend & think they look high schoolish to me.. I always thought along with us The Sooners had the best looking Uni's in college football..Goodness they look dang right awful or I think so anyways Bro..I guess they think it will help in recruiting

Someone wanna tell me what was wrong with the traditional unis they have? Like ours, I would hate to see Oklahoma change.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I don't understand the hate. I mean I don't really care either way, but they look EXACTLY like Penn State unis which everyone agrees are an all time classic. Besides the color, the only difference is OU puts their name on the front of their jerseys and PSU does not. Here's a side by side of both home jerseys:

Nike went with one of the tamest, most traditional looking uniforms out there and it still incites hate. I'm starting to think some of you guys are going to complain about jerseys no matter what they look like.

I don't really care either way, it's not my team wearing them, I just find the unmitigated hate over new jerseys fascinating.

Last edited:

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I don't understand the hate. I mean I don't really care either way, but they look EXACTLY like Penn State unis which everyone agrees are an all time classic. Besides the color, the only difference is OU puts their name on the front of their jerseys and PSU does not. Here's a side by side of both home jerseys:

Nike went with one of the tamest, most traditional looking uniforms out there and it still incites hate. I'm starting to think some of you guys are going to complain about jerseys no matter what they look like.

I don't really care either way, it's not my team wearing them, I just find the unmitigated hate over new jerseys fascinating.
That Penn State jersey is not their traditional jersey. Plus Oklahoma went with a weird font.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN

The styles are somewhat similar but they look very different. Penn State took a minimalist approach to the collar on their jersey. It doesn't distract from the overall look. It looks like v-neck undershirt under the jersey. Whereas, the OU collar seems to be more flamboyant and draws your eyes to it. It looks more like an ascot or a kerchief. That along with the elfin-like font for the numbers is a bit too feminine for me.

Nike really tried to put too much in that space: the OU, swoosh, the school name and the number. It looks jumbled.

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
When i look at the new designs I take it with a grain of salt. Until they mess with ours I am ok. But to be totally honest I got a headache from watching some of the crap Maryland has worn as uniforms. Thing you would like to see Maryland play Boise on smurf turf.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Because Oklahoma is the one school that I feel is our equal when it comes to "Tradition" in college football, especially when it comes to our uniforms, and not messing with the perfection in our traditional uniforms..And now Oklahoma has gone & messed that all up..Not cool at all Sooner Nation..JMHO

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.