Oklahoma goes the multi-uniform route.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Nah, Nebraska is the closest traditional match.

The Sooners, meh - I guess they need to do what they need to do to attract players. Glad we're not that desperate....

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
The throwbacks were worn once or twice and auctioned off afterward. I heard a nice amount of money was donated to different charitable causes. I hate these uni's, I'd be surprised of they were worn more that two or three times.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Nah, Nebraska is the closest traditional match.

The Sooners, meh - I guess they need to do what they need to do to attract players. Glad we're not that desperate....
It's close between the two. Nebraska has 5 NC's, 46 Conf. Titles, 875 Wins and 25 Bowl Wins and OK has 7 NC's, 44 Conf Titles, 842 Wins and 28 Bowl Wins.

We have 15 NC's, 27 Conf Titles, 838 Wins and 34 Bowl Wins. We also have had 29 Wins Vacated/forfeited or the wins would be 867.

Either way we are all in the same ballpark in wins, Neb and OK have the edge in Conf Titles and we have the Clear edge in NC's and Bowl Wins. We are #1 All-Time for sure but the Cornhuskers and Sooners are both right up there with us.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Oklahoma has one of the best traditions in football. I absolutely do not understand their inferiority complex.

Kowtowing not just to the state of Texas, but to the University of Texas during the conference re-alignment (which re-alignment would have happened earlier if Colt hadn't gotten hurt) was embarrassing to watch.

I thought their old unis were in a class with ours....simple, yet unmistakable.

But they throw that away because they think a new neck border, plus chrome on a helmet will win over a prospect or two? And that talent infusion will lead them to the promised land? What a terrible crying shame. Bud Wilkinson is spinning right now.
To a lot of recruits who are caught up in social media and who come from a lower socio-economic strata, the only tradition that matters is the one from the last five years.

Do you honestly think any of our recruits give a rat's rear end about Lee Roy Jordan or Johnny Musso? I wish they did, but I know better.

When Barrett Jones admits that you play the game for your teammates and not the jersey, then we can assume recruits feel the same way.

Last edited:

oklahomey

Jun 4, 2014
I like the alternate option for maybe a couple games to pay homage to the past. But I absolutely hate that recruits want better facilities, newer uniforms, etc. Oklahoma has national championships, Heisman winners, All-Americans, a load of bowl wins; hell, the current uniforms are flashy enough saying SOONERS on them on that beautiful crimson!

Alabama isn't changing, and I hope they never do. Their 10(15) national championships, 3 in the last 5 seasons are enough for any recruit to say, "screw the uniform craze, and facilities; they have championship hunger and it shows." Also, since the 2008 season, Alabama has been #1 at some point going from 2008-2013. That alone, other than the championships, is enough for a recruit to be convinced that accolades matter over fashion.

Oklahoma is doing fine overall getting what they need in recruits. I just want OU to tone the craze and not get like other programs that are still searching for their first national title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly & I agree 100% with homey..At Alabama & Oklahoma our schools selling points to recruits should be when they walk into The Bryant Museum & takes a gander at all our NC's from over the years, and same goes for Oklahoma, your NC's should be y'alls selling point & not theses Oregon type alternate Unis, that looks horrendously bad or I think they do anyway..As was pointed out earlier in the thread..Y'alls alternate Uni's looks more like The Uni Of Indiana..

I like the alternate option for maybe a couple games to pay homage to the past. But I absolutely hate that recruits want better facilities, newer uniforms, etc. Oklahoma has national championships, Heisman winners, All-Americans, a load of bowl wins; hell, the current uniforms are flashy enough saying SOONERS on them on that beautiful crimson!

Alabama isn't changing, and I hope they never do. Their 10(15) national championships, 3 in the last 5 seasons are enough for any recruit to say, "screw the uniform craze, and facilities; they have championship hunger and it shows." Also, since the 2008 season, Alabama has been #1 at some point going from 2008-2013. That alone, other than the championships, is enough for a recruit to be convinced that accolades matter over fashion.

Oklahoma is doing fine overall getting what they need in recruits. I just want OU to tone the craze and not get like other programs that are still searching for their first national title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.