Oklahoma goes the multi-uniform route.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Omg please say this is a joke. Maybe just like a once or twice occasion. They don't need to go the loser way like Okie Lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
Around here, in Oklahoma, it is obvious that recruiting has fallen off at OU. It bothered people a lot to lose an Oklahoma quarterback (from Norman) to Alabama. This along w/ new building plans it is hoped will boost recruiting. TA&M, BAMA, LSU etc are winning too many recruiting battles, in Texas especially. Flashy uniforms will attract some players. Thank goodness, Alabama doesn't need this.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
OU press release:

Oklahoma Football and official OU Athletics apparel sponsor Nike unveiled a new addition to the school’s uniform repertoire on Tuesday. These additional jersey-pants-helmet combinations were inspired by the rich heritage of the state of Oklahoma and the Sooners’ storied football history. These new uniforms will occasionally supplement the traditional OU home and road uniforms the team has sported for decades and will continue to utilize on a regular basis.
Good news: they won't wear these every week.

Bad news: they will wear these at some point.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Around here, in Oklahoma, it is obvious that recruiting has fallen off at OU. It bothered people a lot to lose an Oklahoma quarterback (from Norman) to Alabama. This along w/ new building plans it is hoped will boost recruiting. TA&M, BAMA, LSU etc are winning too many recruiting battles, in Texas especially. Flashy uniforms will attract some players. Thank goodness, Alabama doesn't need this.
I agree with you - though you'd think that having just whooped us would be a plenty strong recruiting pitch.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Oklahoma has one of the best traditions in football. I absolutely do not understand their inferiority complex.

Kowtowing not just to the state of Texas, but to the University of Texas during the conference re-alignment (which re-alignment would have happened earlier if Colt hadn't gotten hurt) was embarrassing to watch.

I thought their old unis were in a class with ours....simple, yet unmistakable.

But they throw that away because they think a new neck border, plus chrome on a helmet will win over a prospect or two? And that talent infusion will lead them to the promised land? What a terrible crying shame. Bud Wilkinson is spinning right now.

Last edited:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
That's not really a fair statement. He wasn't an Oklahoma QB and he wasn't from Norman.

He was born in Nebraska, moved to Florida during High School. Then moved again to Jones, Oklahoma during his Senior season. He was actually granted a second Senior season because of his families hardships and played a second Senior season in Norman.

And directly from Cornwell's mouth about his recruitment by Oklahoma:

"I just never really had much contact with them. I guess I just wasn't a good fit. They kind of already had their guy and hadn't seen me play very much so I didn't take it as much of a slight."
Let's not act like uniforms might have changed his mind.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Haven't they done this before on a one game basis here and there? Sort of like we have a couple of times? Certainly, the changes we had were very subtle, nothing like this. Either way, I'm not a fan. Oklahoma's recruiting has fallen off because Stoops forgot how to back up his loud mouth. They started losing more and more. I would have thought after whipping us in the Sugar Bowl, it would have helped.

Oh and the Big 12 is paying for letting A&M get away. It has opened inroads to the state of Texas for recruiting for the SEC, and those openings are only going to get bigger. Since Oklahoma makes its living in Texas... they're going to suffer too.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I don't like those uniforms but as for Alabama I wouldn't mind seeing them break out the white helmets when we wear road white and the other team has red helmets. I think USC 1971 might be the last game I remember us doing that. Started off the 70's with a bang.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I do not like uniform changes for "traditional programs". Indiana, Okie lite and Oregon can do whatever they want with their unis cause nobody cares.

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
I was sad to read of this development. As a matter of fact, I ridiculed programs for the tactic. Traditional programs like OU should NEVER try to fix what ain't broke.

Proponents claim a recruiting advantage. Unless recruits have changed a lot, they want to go to programs where they can win, be seen on TV a lot, and become developed for a possible future in the NFL.

Thank goodness the unis are for only two games per year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.