Protesters block three buses with illegal immigrants

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know. The President could stop the humanitarian crisis almost immediately by issuing a statement that every unaccompanied minor will be flown back to the capital of their native country and the expense deducted from whatever US foreign aid is destined for that country (or will be destined).
That would stop the inflow in its tracks.
im pretty sure that the homeland security act from early 2000's has a provision in it that unaccompanied minors must be processed in the US and cannot immediately sent back.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
im pretty sure that the homeland security act from early 2000's has a provision in it that unaccompanied minors must be processed in the US and cannot immediately sent back.
As Seebell pointed out, the 2008 law stipulates that minors invading the US from non-contiguous countries cannot just be sent back right off the bat. This was meant to fight sex-traffickers, but the loophole is now being used to open the immigration floodgates. The minors now on the borders are generally not being brought here by sex-traffickers, but by their parents. Later, immigration activists will scream that we have to allow their parents in to "reunite the family." Of course, the family was reunited, before the children left San Salvador and Managua, and the "unite the family" ploy will be used to exploit Americans' nature kindness and gullibility.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I don't know. The President could stop the humanitarian crisis almost immediately by issuing a statement that every unaccompanied minor will be flown back to the capital of their native country and the expense deducted from whatever US foreign aid is destined for that country (or will be destined).
That would stop the inflow in its tracks.
That would be an executive order though. And we all how everyone here feels about those. :biggrin:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That would be an executive order though. And we all how everyone here feels about those. :biggrin:
You are correct, to a point. I don't think it takes an executive order to have the US Embassy in San Salvador, Managua & Tegucigalpa issue a press release and maybe buy some air time, though.
Actually deporting illegal immigrant minors would, I bet, just be executing the law. What might take an executive order would be to move the Federal judge who hears such cases down to Brownsville and telling him he cannot come home until all the illegal immigrant children are back in their home countries.
To really expedite, I'd add that the judge has to use the same port-a-potty the kids are using and sleep on a cot in the gym next to the illegal immigrant kids.
I'd bet the cases would be disposed of by Friday.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
As Seebell pointed out, the 2008 law stipulates that minors invading the US from non-contiguous countries cannot just be sent back right off the bat. This was meant to fight sex-traffickers, but the loophole is now being used to open the immigration floodgates. The minors now on the borders are generally not being brought here by sex-traffickers, but by their parents. Later, immigration activists will scream that we have to allow their parents in to "reunite the family." Of course, the family was reunited, before the children left San Salvador and Managua, and the "unite the family" ploy will be used to exploit Americans' nature kindness and gullibility.
used by whom to open the flood gates.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
used by whom to open the flood gates.
Well, I would say an informal combination of
(1) Chamber of Commerce Republicans seeking cheap labor for their business interests,
(2) Democrat party strategists seeking a new voting bloc (to borrow a sentiment from LBJ in a similar situation: "Get me [Immigration reform/Amnesty], and we'll have those [hispanics] voting Democrat for the next three hundred years."), and
(3) parent of said minors seeking a way to get into the US legally by using their children as a ploy.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, I would say an informal combination of
(1) Chamber of Commerce Republicans seeking cheap labor for their business interests,
(2) Democrat party strategists seeking a new voting bloc (to borrow a sentiment from LBJ in a similar situation: "Get me [Immigration reform/Amnesty], and we'll have those [hispanics] voting Democrat for the next three hundred years."), and
(3) parent of said minors seeking a way to get into the US legally by using their children as a ploy.
that's pretty nefarious

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Can't we just boycott Mexico for aiding and abetting an invasion of the US? No foreign aid, no Eric Holder guns, no tourism, no training their military to be their narco gang hitmen. etc.

oh, and anyone who shouts la raza should be immediately rounded up and indefinitely detained.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Latest I heard FWIW....the "majority" of the unaccompanied children will be deported after being processed. I think they may have mentioned mothers with children too. The next part is simply conjecture on my part - the ones who are allowed to stay are the ones who have relatives here - I would hope legally but I doubt it.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Latest I heard FWIW....the "majority" of the unaccompanied children will be deported after being processed. I think they may have mentioned mothers with children too. The next part is simply conjecture on my part - the ones who are allowed to stay are the ones who have relatives here - I would hope legally but I doubt it.
I'll believe it only when I see it

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
i bet they have anchor babies before they show up for their deportation hearing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.