Encouraging News about Bo Scarborough

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Hope he makes it. What's his position going to be? RB, WR?
He'll start at RB, but he may move. I don't scout, but the article mentioned he runs high. If I remember right, he had some route issues at the All Star game in practice. He could be a more athletic Fowler as an H-Back as well.

Off subject, but the article metnioned a wrinkle with multiple running backs on the field. That sounds very interesting.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Off subject, but the article metnioned a wrinkle with multiple running backs on the field. That sounds very interesting.
I've heard similar - imagine Yeldon and Henry in the backfield with Cooper in the slot and Howard in motion out wide with White/Jones/Black...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
After watching his video again I think he will be a star at RB. Initially he may be used as h-back with our depth at RB and to get some mis-matches on LB's but he appears to have the instincts needed to be a great RB. He has great hands.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I've heard similar - imagine Yeldon and Henry in the backfield with Cooper in the slot and Howard in motion out wide with White/Jones/Black...
With Drake's speed and athleticism, if we can get him matched up on a LB in space, it's a huge mismatch. Spread them out and let Henry or Yeldon run up the gut. As long as our OL can handle 1v1 blocks, our offense should be humming with our skill position talent.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
With Drake's speed and athleticism, if we can get him matched up on a LB in space, it's a huge mismatch. Spread them out and let Henry or Yeldon run up the gut. As long as our OL can handle 1v1 blocks, our offense should be humming with our skill position talent.
Yah, I had to ponder it for a bit to choose who i was going to even list...

An embarrassment of riches...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He'll start at RB, but he may move. I don't scout, but the article mentioned he runs high. If I remember right, he had some route issues at the All Star game in practice. He could be a more athletic Fowler as an H-Back as well.

Seems like I recall them talking about what a good route runner he was for a guy who primarily played running back in HS. Seems like they praised him for having good hands too.

Regardless, the guy is a beast and where ever he's used I see good things for him!!!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think Bo will be redshirted this year, but He could be a Halfback. This is crazy ya'll! That's almost assuring that defense won't play double coverage on someone.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
If we put Yeldon, Drake, and Henry in at the same time, that means either Cooper, White, or CJ will have to come out. And that is assuming Fowler isn't in there also. I know sometimes it is fun to play with the line-up, but I think obviously our WR are better receivers than any of our RB's.

i hope the news is true about Bo. I would love to see him crushing helmets on kickoffs and punts. We lost Dee Hart. I doubt Landon Collins will play much on kickoffs or punts. We need someone who will cause havoc and scare the bejesus (sp?) out of the other team on special teams.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Dang I completely forgot about Fowler. He should definitely be 100% recovered this year from that knee injury. Geez we are going to need more than one football.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
If we put Yeldon, Drake, and Henry in at the same time, that means either Cooper, White, or CJ will have to come out. And that is assuming Fowler isn't in there also. I know sometimes it is fun to play with the line-up, but I think obviously our WR are better receivers than any of our RB's.
It would also mean OJ isn't in there. We're still going to have 2,3, or 4 wide sets just as 1,2,3 TE sets. I don't see us having all 3 RBs on the field at the same time unless (1) Henry is going to be an H-Back role, which means he needs to improve his blocking or (2) you include Fowler as 1 of the 3 because he can block, run, or catch.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Scarborough is one of the more versatile athletes in the country. He could play running back, wide receiver or become an H-Back on the next level. As a running back, he is strong with great strength, and surprising quickness. He runs a little high and can improve at running through would-be tacklers. He is a great receiver out of the backfield.
Strong with Great Strength is pretty impressive -- ;)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Yah, I had to ponder it for a bit to choose who i was going to even list...

An embarrassment of riches...
It looks like one of coach Kiffin's biggest problems will be if there is enough touches to get all these guys involved. An embarrassment of riches indeed!
This is good news about Bo.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.