Link: Brandon Hill no longer on team

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
"@BrandonHill_RTR: With that being said I have been released from the University of Alabama! I want to thank the coaches for all they support! #RollTide"

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
No judgments here. I'm curious about the circumstances though.
I - and I'm sure those closer to the program - had been hearing that he'd been battling his weight.

In fact, in that hilarious CNS B'day video where Christion Jones played Stevie Wonder, Jones, at one point, remarked, to raucous laughter, "Don't let B Hill eat none o' dat cake..."

Hope he lands - softly - on his feet...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I - and I'm sure those closer to the program - had been hearing that he'd been battling his weight.

In fact, in that hilarious CNS B'day video where Christion Jones played Stevie Wonder, Jones, at one point, remarked, to raucous laughter, "Don't let B Hill eat none o' dat cake..."

Hope he lands - softly - on his feet...
I imagine his inbox is filled with calls from FBS coaches.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Best of luck to him. He left on his own as far as I can tell. Offensive line is just as crowded as the RB & WR positions. DL is loaded too. Difference is that with the DL almost everybody can get a chance to play. You want the same 5 on the OL. Again, best of luck to him

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As long as he doesn't go around trashing the program, I wish him well. I hope he finds a place he can be happy and get some good playing time.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Best of luck to him. He left on his own as far as I can tell. Offensive line is just as crowded as the RB & WR positions. DL is loaded too. Difference is that with the DL almost everybody can get a chance to play. You want the same 5 on the OL. Again, best of luck to him
I have always believed that, but seems like name-that-I-won't-mention had better than average success platooning pretty much everyone but their center last year. Don't know if they subbed for GR much but from what i thought I read, they did.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It is that time of the year.
Due to a continuing weight problem Hill may have foresaw decreased playing time. We seem to be embracing a slightly leaner, meaner Defense than in previous years. Speed is more important with more teams going to a faster paced Offense.
TAMU & the Barn proved we weren't quite fast enough over an entire game to get to their QB as often as we wanted.
The speedy use of the time clock kept us from putting in different Defensive packages. Limited what we could do with bigger guys, who weren't quite as fast as some of the slimmer, or smaller guys.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
It is that time of the year.
Due to a continuing weight problem Hill may have foresaw decreased playing time. We seem to be embracing a slightly leaner, meaner Defense than in previous years. Speed is more important with more teams going to a faster paced Offense.
TAMU & the Barn proved we weren't quite fast enough over an entire game to get to their QB as often as we wanted.
The speedy use of the time clock kept us from putting in different Defensive packages. Limited what we could do with bigger guys, who weren't quite as fast as some of the slimmer, or smaller guys.
^^ ?

Brandon Hill was an offensive lineman.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
^^ ?

Brandon Hill was an offensive lineman.
Pretty sure he was. I think he played a decent amount last year. He would come in where the TE would usually line up to create a "jumbo" offensive line. Or am I thinking of Brandon Greene? Not sure now lol

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Pretty sure he was. I think he played a decent amount last year. He would come in where the TE would usually line up to create a "jumbo" offensive line. Or am I thinking of Brandon Greene? Not sure now lol
Brandon Greene was the one lining up at TE, not Brandon Hill IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
If you assume the two academic questions marks in the 2014 class are going to make it, I believe we may be a couple over the 85 limit of scholarship players. This could have some bearing as to what is happening with Hill.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
They really haven't played any OL that were much above 330 to start. Fluker was close to that after his red shirt year. I think he got a little bigger later but let's face it, Fluker may end up a perennial pro-bowl level talent. Most guys above 330 just aren't going to be able to deal with SEC rushers and Hill is just massive. I hope he lands somewhere good and gets a chance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.