Link: Brandon Hill no longer on team

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Has there been a report to indicate Brandon requested to be released from his scholarship? Would be curious to know that.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Has there been a report to indicate Brandon requested to be released from his scholarship? Would be curious to know that.

Sounds like a mutual decision. If coach Saban calls you on the carpet for not following the nutritionists advice, it's not much different than skipping classes or workouts IMHO.

I don't buy into what rivals say about Coach not wanting whats best for his players. Team should always come first. Good luck to Hill.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sounds like a mutual decision. If coach Saban calls you on the carpet for not following the nutritionists advice, it's not much different than skipping classes or workouts IMHO.

I don't buy into what rivals say about Coach not wanting whats best for his players. Team should always come first. Good luck to Hill.
Other than speculation by fans, has there been confirmation his weight was the reason for his release?

Edit: Al.com's report has a tweet from Brandon where he says he's leaving by choice. Link

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

CNS is very honest to the players. It sounds mutual in the sense that Hill didn't do what he was supposed to do and was told he'd probably have a tough time getting into the mix for PT because of it. Hill wants a new opportunity.

I also think CNS was honest with Dee Hart and told him he probably would be on ST duty and maybe KR/PR (second team), but not in the rotation at RB. CNS thought very highly of Dee, but gave him an honest estimate of his PT possibilities and Dee wanted to get the opportunity to show scouts what he can do. No way imho does CNS force a good example like Dee off the team.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
So far as I am aware, whether Hill's weight issues are the crux of the situation is just fan speculation. There were lots of concerns about Cody being able to hack it when he was at 370. Hill's program weight was 375, with some observers saying he looked heavier than that. At some point, it is not just a question of whether a player can perform at a high enough level while carrying a certain weight, it can also start to raise questions whether it is good/safe for them to try to do so. I have no idea if that is the case with Hill and won't speculate.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
CNS is very honest to the players. It sounds mutual in the sense that Hill didn't do what he was supposed to do and was told he'd probably have a tough time getting into the mix for PT because of it. Hill wants a new opportunity.

I also think CNS was honest with Dee Hart and told him he probably would be on ST duty and maybe KR/PR (second team), but not in the rotation at RB. CNS thought very highly of Dee, but gave him an honest estimate of his PT possibilities and Dee wanted to get the opportunity to show scouts what he can do. No way imho does CNS force a good example like Dee off the team.
Didn't Dee get busted with weed? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.