Kenyan Drake Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Re: Kenyon Drake Arrested

I don't mean to defend Drake but with the way cops act today that charge could be leveled against anybody for so much as a dirty look.
he should know from dealing with coach that when someone in authority speaks you shut your trap and move along.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I'm [waiting] until we know the details. This might be nothing more than what Tony Brown was in trouble for.

If I'm wrong, I'll retract but I'm not losing sleep over this until we know the details.

Last edited by a moderator:

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

(a) A person commits the crime of obstructing governmental operations if, by means of intimidation, physical force or interference or by any other independently unlawful act, he:
(1) Intentionally obstructs, impairs or hinders the administration of law or other governmental function; or
(2) Intentionally prevents a public servant from performing a governmental function.
(b) This section does not apply to the obstruction, impairment or hindrance of the making of an arrest.
(c) Obstructing governmental operations is a Class A misdemeanor.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §4505.)
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/13A/10/1/13A-10-2

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

If that's what Saban is teaching players he's a failure as a coach and teacher.
I think what davefrat was saying is that you have to pick your battles. It's probably not the best time to try and prove a point or smart off to a policeman, even if you are in the right. Yes you have rights and can say things to an officer that is not against the law but will tick them off to the point to where they will charge you with a petty crime that they probably would not have otherwise charged you with. I have no idea what happened in this incident with Drake, but I would agree with davefrat in that it's usually just better to say yes sir and move on when an officer asks you to do something. Then you could make a complaint on the officer the next day if you thought he was out of line.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I suspect Derek Henry and Drake were tied at 2 on the depth chart. Derek Henry likely is firmly the #2 now.

These last 30 days or so before practice starts are almost always fret with an arrest or two.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Seeing the details makes me feel better. Arresting him for going to his car seems a bit much, not not surprising considering the state of police today.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt 7m No details yet, but Kenyan Drake was already in a four-bedroom doghouse and didn't need to add a patio.

REALLY disappointing to read this. Kenyan Drake has loads of potential and has shown it more than occasionally.

We could certainly use his abilities with a football in his hands.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

If that's what Saban is teaching players he's a failure as a coach and teacher.
I bet if he obstructed with football team operations Saban would not be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

"UPDATE: Drake was arrested for trying to get to his car, which was behind police tape after the shootings in downtown last night. Not a major deal, and likely will be handled internally by Saban."

From FB.

That is crazy. Sounds like something a lot of people would have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.