Kenyan Drake Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Re: Kenyon Drake Arrested

I know crazy. How many people would have done the same thing? The cops were probably trying to make an example out of him...ridiculous.
I don't see why some are up in arms about this. Sounds like a police officer told him "don't do that" and then Kenyon did it anyway. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000

I saw the crime scene and it was taped from Greensboro avenue in front Tin Top down past 4th and 23rd. All cars on the street and in the parking lots were inside the taped area. There could have easily included 150 cars or more inside the crime scene. Most were no where near the fight or where the shooting occurred. The problem is when a police officer is involved in a shooting, the investigators are extremely cautious and thorough. Drake simply made a bad choice to question them. I don't think he was impaired by alcohol but he made a bad decision. Personally I don't think there will be any major consequences but who knows.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I don't see why some are up in arms about this. Sounds like a police officer told him "don't do that" and then Kenyon did it anyway. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

This post was based on if he got arrested for just going under the tape. Now if they warned him and he did it anyway and was aggressive that is different.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/alabama_running_back_kenyan_dr.html#incart_m-rpt-2 " He was trying to cross a crime scene," Blankley said. "We had a shooting and his vehicle was parked inside the crime scene. We told him that he could not get his vehicle and he tried to cross the crime scene anyway so he could get his vehicle. Officers arrested him for obstructing government operations."" Oh.....
Simple.....Drake should have just obeyed the Police. If my son had done this at a crime scene , I would be all on his case for acting stupid. Drake had MANY other options....such as catching a ride home with a buddy, taking a taxi, or even walking home. Thinking you know better than he police is just plain foolishness.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He disobeyed a direct order from the police. It wasn't like he just waltzed over the tape and got hemmed up. Someone told him to not cross the tape and he did it anyway.

No damage control on this one...he just doesn't know how to listen apparently.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005

So many people seem to think that authority just doesn't apply to them anymore. Like many have said, there are laws that simply have to be obeyed and there are consequences for failing to do so. The last thing the police need at any crime scene, but particularly at one involving police shooting a citizen, is for someone to cross the line and further contaminate the crime scene. Or maybe Drake was drunk and belligerent. At any rate, there are lots of things in society that lots of people disagree with; you just can't do what you want, however.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

"UPDATE: Drake was arrested for trying to get to his car, which was behind police tape after the shootings in downtown last night. Not a major deal, and likely will be handled internally by Saban."

From FB.

That is crazy. Sounds like something a lot of people would have done.
did he at least discuss it with an officer first?

if I went for my car and it was surrounded by cops and police tape it would seem logical.

EDIT: ignore...I posted this before reading the whole thread.

Last edited:

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014

"Obstructing Government Operations" sounds scarily Orwellian to me :pDT_aaa:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The last thing you do after an active shooter situation where the police had to disable the suspect with their firearms is disobey their orders. They go into lockdown mode because they have to accurately document the narrative and scene for CYA purposes.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

he made a bad decision. Personally I don't think there will be any major consequences

Bad decisions almost always lead to bad consequences. At least almost all mine did.:(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an older fan I think testosterone can be thrown in the pile with too much will lead to bad decisions.:smile:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

This post was based on if he got arrested for just going under the tape. Now if they warned him and he did it anyway and was aggressive that is different.
I understand. My post in response was based on what I was reading, which was that he was told that he could not get his car and he proceeded to cross the tape to get his car anyway.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

......Personally I don't think there will be any major consequences but who knows.
I'm not so sure, Capstone. True, viewed in a vacuum, this incident is pretty benign.

Problem is, Drake has a history of not doing things he's supposed to do. In some cases, he's followed that up with going public on social media to complain about lack of playing time, when he knew he was benched for not getting with the process.

This is yet another in a long string of incidents that have a common theme -- an inability to follow instructions.

I don't see his scholarship being lifted. My guess is he's just topped out at 4th string behind Yeldon, Henry, and Tenpenny.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Exactly & I agree 100% with ya BB..If he was told to not go to his car that was within an are enclosed with police tape..Common sense tells you to not mess with you car during an investigation..Just a really really dumb thing to do & he earned that arrest for not listening to the police..Sounds like he could have had something in his car he didn't want the police to find or something like that..
So did he attempt to get car before he was told not to or after? From what's posted above he attempted AFTER he was told not to. If that's the case then he got what he deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

The last thing you do after an active shooter situation where the police had to disable the suspect with their firearms is disobey their orders. They go into lockdown mode because they have to accurately document the narrative and scene for CYA purposes.
Tisk...tisk...no profanity - implied or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.