Kenyan Drake Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Re: Kenyon Drake Arrested

Now Now Now; football players don't seem to be getting away with much these days; unless they are from the barn or fl st.
I was speaking as a general rule to IAMALOYAL1's comment. Great athletes can get away with a lot.

Saban is probably the most consistent coach when it comes to punishment. I tend to guess he hammers the starters just about as hard as a third stringer. That's why I love the guy.

RTR

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Looking at the arrest database from last night/early this morning, there are at least 4 or 5 other people arrested for the same or similar charges (e.g. Failure to Obey). Doesn't seem like this is a Kenyan vs TPD deal as much as it is Kenyan and others defying police and him not being able to get preferential treatment due to his status

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

It's a shame he wasn't carrying a football. He could have fumbled that, too.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I saw the crime scene and it was taped from Greensboro avenue in front Tin Top down past 4th and 23rd. All cars on the street and in the parking lots were inside the taped area. There could have easily included 150 cars or more inside the crime scene. Most were no where near the fight or where the shooting occurred. The problem is when a police officer is involved in a shooting, the investigators are extremely cautious and thorough. Drake simply made a bad choice to question them. I don't think he was impaired by alcohol but he made a bad decision. Personally I don't think there will be any major consequences but who knows.
Sounds like a ridiculously large crime scene. The problem is that often, (not always) the police seem to act with indifference to everyone else. For instance, earlier today I was admiring a police car, with no lights, breaking various laws and I was thinking that if he saw someone else doing that, he'd pull them over in a heartbeat. They're supposed to think first about our considerations, not the other way around. Would I be mad if the government decided to recklessly and irrationally tape off my private property? Darn right I would...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Sounds like a ridiculously large crime scene. The problem is that often, (not always) the police seem to act with indifference to everyone else. For instance, earlier today I was admiring a police car, with no lights, breaking various laws and I was thinking that if he saw someone else doing that, he'd pull them over in a heartbeat. They're supposed to think first about our considerations, not the other way around. Would I be mad if the government decided to recklessly and irrationally tape off my private property? Darn right I would...
indeed..good post

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

In a way they did it with healthcare and financial institutions now.

:)

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Nothing is going to come of this. If it costs Drake any playing time it will be in the first game only.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'll say this and I'll walk away from this thread :)

K. Drake will get internal punishment and something tells me that next month, he will be in dog house for long time, and it is assumed Tenpenny will get the third position and He'll definitely make the best of it. I don't see why Drake could go into the fall camp as #3, but anything can happen and TenPenny Definitely earned it. I would expect him to miss one game and be back with the team.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Not sure how you figure taping off a crime scene is "reckless and irrational." Should't you want law enforcement to do a thorough job and collect all the evidence needed at one time and lessen the risk for losing any, or contamination of the scene?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Not sure how you figure taping off a crime scene is "reckless and irrational." Should't you want law enforcement to do a thorough job and collect all the evidence needed at one time and lessen the risk for losing any, or contamination of the scene?
I wasn't there, so I can't personally attest to the details but...
I saw the crime scene and it was taped from Greensboro avenue in front Tin Top down past 4th and 23rd. All cars on the street and in the parking lots were inside the taped area. There could have easily included 150 cars or more inside the crime scene. Most were no where near the fight or where the shooting occurred.
If that account is correct, then they did not just tape off a "crime scene" and instead just went way overboard. Kenyon was not the only person arrested for this apparently either, and depriving people of their property/transportation even if it wasn't in the immediate proximity of the crime is a questionable thing to do.

I'm not trying to defend Kenyon's action, it's not usually wise to pick a fight with the cops, but it sure sounds like they didn't go out of their way at all to avoid placing undo hardship on others.

If, for some reason they really felt they needed to tape off such a large area, the way I see it, taking pictures, witness statements, and collecting evidence would all be extremely time sensitive, and then they should have worked on allowing access to the vehicles with no direct link to the crime as soon as possible. I don't really know how that went down exactly, but from my personal experience it doesn't seem like such a stretch for the police to not care one bit that they deprived people of their transportation, however unnecessary that might have been.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Ahh man this sucks. I really hope be doesn't get kicked off. It would really suck to lose him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Hopefully Kenyan will learn from this. I'd hate to see him throw away an education and an opportunity to play for the Crimson Tide.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I don't use the term police any more, I call them "government officials". The Police were public servants who used to wear blue uniforms and help regular people and put bad guys in jail. The "government officials" wear black, carry military class weaponry and treat everyone like the enemy. I'm betting a good stiff warning would have sent Drake away without his car but they probably just bent him over a hood immediately. Was it advisable to cross the tape? probably not. Do we live in a police state though? You folks need to ask yourself that. How far does it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.