Kenyan Drake Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Re: Kenyon Drake Arrested

Not sure how you figure taping off a crime scene is "reckless and irrational." Should't you want law enforcement to do a thorough job and collect all the evidence needed at one time and lessen the risk for losing any, or contamination of the scene?
no kidding.

it was the scene of a shooting, not some meaningless bar fight or underage alcohol possession.

last time i checked, a shooting is a pretty serious criminal matter.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

I don't use the term police any more, I call them "government officials". The Police were public servants who used to wear blue uniforms and help regular people and put bad guys in jail. The "government officials" wear black, carry military class weaponry and treat everyone like the enemy. I'm betting a good stiff warning would have sent Drake away without his car but they probably just bent him over a hood immediately. Was it advisable to cross the tape? probably not. Do we live in a police state though? You folks need to ask yourself that. How far does it go?
you have no idea what happened, so you assume and opine that the police acted improperly.

that makes a lot of sense.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Does the Tuscaloosa Police department give out secret bonuses when they arrest a player?

It seems like when they have something going on, an investigation, or calming a rowdy crowd, or whatever...if there's a chance to haul a player in on some trumped up charge that could have easily been handled without an arrest...

Maybe Bama fans should take comfort knowing they treat anybody this way, not just football players.

On the other hand, how stupid for Drake, didn't he realize he was playing with fire not walking home instead of trying to get his car? When will the players accept that when a cop tells you something, you don't disobey them, period.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009

Does the Tuscaloosa Police department give out secret bonuses when they arrest a player?

It seems like when they have something going on, an investigation, or calming a rowdy crowd, or whatever...if there's a chance to haul a player in on some trumped up charge that could have easily been handled without an arrest...

Maybe Bama fans should take comfort knowing they treat anybody this way, not just football players.

On the other hand, how stupid for Drake, didn't he realize he was playing with fire not walking home instead of trying to get his car? When will the players accept that when a cop tells you something, you don't disobey them, period.
Not anytime soon, it seems.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014

Not only were they barring citizens from transportation, but people could've had objects in their cars they needed that night. Like Krazy said it seems like the TPD sure don't mind inconveniencing people.

Having said that, a warning is a warning. It sounds like Drake has a slight problem with authority and probably felt disrespected when the police were unsympathetic to his problem.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Yep, Hurt's column is right on.

Inhate this because Drake is from my town, and I know people who are friends with him. We are all very proud of his accomplishments. However, he seems to killing his Bama career; death by a thousand cuts. All of which seem to be so easily avoided.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

i think it's going too far to consider ending Drake's Ttown experience because of this stupid, but hardly impactful, offense. Stupidity is part of being young and he'll learn from this but I don't see it as a "last straw" situation. Now if what Hurt says is correct...that Drake is MIA for meetings, classes, and study halls AND not getting it done academically THEN you can surely make an example out of him but for this parking lot deal? please...

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I don't use the term police any more, I call them "government officials". The Police were public servants who used to wear blue uniforms and help regular people and put bad guys in jail. The "government officials" wear black, carry military class weaponry and treat everyone like the enemy. I'm betting a good stiff warning would have sent Drake away without his car but they probably just bent him over a hood immediately. Was it advisable to cross the tape? probably not. Do we live in a police state though? You folks need to ask yourself that. How far does it go?
"Government officials" could include crime scene techs collecting evidence.

CrimsonTusk

1st Team
Sep 14, 2003
Florence AL USA

Note I said " I suspected", because from what I've experienced in the past with people, almost in all case, I've seen people getting arrested for same thing, and they were drunk.
Yeah,... I understand where you are coming from but I learned a long time ago to never ever ever almost never to assume things. It usually bites me in the butt when I do. Roll Tide.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

One thing to keep in mind - Drake couldn't walk home from Temerson Square. Seriously, have some of y'all been to Tuscaloosa lately?

Unless Drake lives in a very expensive loft downtown, or in the "no drugs allowed" rehab apartments on Greensboro, walking home was out of the question unless he was going to walk home a mile or more.

That said, he acted foolish and it may cost him, but to act like he - or anyone else - could have walked down the road is naive.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida

While I agree that cops can sometimes take things too far, the fact of the matter is that this was a crime scene. The police can maintain it as such for a while. Modern procedure calls for the crime scene to remain uncontaminated for definite and very good reasons. You can't just go barging across that crime scene if you want your car because you will compromise the area, which can destroy a case in court. Does Drake have a bit of an attitude problem due to immaturity?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

What's gonna bite KD is the failure to follow instructions, and the willful violation of said instructions.

NOW

As a retired LEO I can tell you that from now on out... KD will be on the minds of every member of TPD, and the surrounding agencies as well. In effect he has put a 'Bulls Eye' on his back.

It's not just KD, it's every member of our Football team who will be under a law enforcement microscope.

Here's a fact of life.
Police Officers don't like anyone to question their authority, or disobey their orders.
KD will be branded as someone who disobeyed a lawful order. (That won't be forgotten)

How CNS handles this problem will be closely eyed by local Law Enforcement.
This will effect every member of our team.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

One thing to keep in mind - Drake couldn't walk home from Temerson Square. Seriously, have some of y'all been to Tuscaloosa lately?

Unless Drake lives in a very expensive loft downtown, or in the "no drugs allowed" rehab apartments on Greensboro, walking home was out of the question unless he was going to walk home a mile or more.

That said, he acted foolish and it may cost him, but to act like he - or anyone else - could have walked down the road is naive.
Not to sound like a smart aleck but - does Drake not have a cell phone he could call a friend with?

Did nobody else there have one?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If walking a mile is too much for Drake, I do not want him on the football team at all. (I have no idea how far away he lives from where he was parked).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I know it can be an inconvenience when a crime happens & your car is within the crime scene tape, when it happens, we all have a civic obligation to allow the LEO's finish the investigation so they can maybe cath the perps faster & to make sure an innocent person isn't wrongly convicted ..Cause the LEO's were in a hurry to do the investigation & someone just has to have their vehicle right then & there..It suxs, but, it sure as hell beats going to jail..Doesn't Kenyan..

Methylred

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2006

It's not just KD, it's every member of our Football team who will be under a law enforcement microscope.

Here's a fact of life.
Police Officers don't like anyone to question their authority, or disobey their orders.
KD will be branded as someone who disobeyed a lawful order. (That won't be forgotten)

How CNS handles this problem will be closely eyed by local Law Enforcement.
This will effect every member of our team.
Here's another fact of life:
The police possess no authority other than that which is intrusted to them by the citizens they serve.

If TPD begins unfairly targeting football players, it will be to the detriment of the program. And the UA football program matters infinitely more to this city than the egos of some "officer nobody" beat cops.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does... heads will roll.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Here's another fact of life:
The police possess no authority other than that which is intrusted to them by the citizens they serve.

If TPD begins unfairly targeting football players, it will be to the detriment of the program. And the UA football program matters infinitely more to this city than the egos of some "officer nobody" beat cops.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does... heads will roll.
He went underneath the crime scene tape, according to the report, to retrieve his car. Most crime scene tape I have seen says "Do Not Cross." If that is what happened then he was not unfairly targeted. That area becomes a crime scene where DNA evidence etc has to be investigated. Some have said they taped off way to much area, which may be the case, but you still don't go under crime scene tape to retrieve your property unless you have permission to do so. Just seems like common sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.