Kenyan Drake Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: Kenyon Drake Arrested

Well....crap. We are in the homestretch till the season starts. I hope this can send a message to the other players to watch themselves.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What classifies as "obstructing government operations?" That sounds much worse than interfering with the police and sounds more severe than a $1,00 bond.

He's been in the doghouse a few times already, so I won't be surprised if he's gone. The bond doesn't indicate a major crime, though. Want more details.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Unfortunate, though that charge could be trumped up. Remember the UF guy that was arrested for barking at a dog last year?

arrests for bothering cops don't worry me as much as arrests for assaulting civilians or doing something objectively illegal/dangerous like speeding.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

This sucks. KD has that rare burst of speed our other running backs don't. I thought he would have a big year in CLK's system. I guess this thins out the backfield a little bit. I bet this will move Tenpenny up to #3. I knew this off season things had been to quiet. Something was bound to happen. He may not kicked off the team but I bet he will be last on the the very long depth chart at RB.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

What classifies as "obstructing government operations?" That sounds much worse than interfering with the police and sounds more severe than a $1,00 bond.

He's been in the doghouse a few times already, so I won't be surprised if he's gone. The bond doesn't indicate a major crime, though. Want more details.

It is a strange charge. I looked it up for an example and it wasn't what I thought it was. Here is another person that was charged with it a while back. Because he caused the police to complete a search for a missing person. Instead he just jumped off a bridge to record a YouTube video.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20130309/news/130309761

Last edited:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Section 13A-10-2 - Obstructing governmental operations.

(a) A person commits the crime of obstructing governmental operations if, by means of intimidation, physical force or interference or by any other independently unlawful act, he:
(1) Intentionally obstructs, impairs or hinders the administration of law or other governmental function; or
(2) Intentionally prevents a public servant from performing a governmental function.
(b) This section does not apply to the obstruction, impairment or hindrance of the making of an arrest.
(c) Obstructing governmental operations is a Class A misdemeanor.

In other words, arguing with police until they don't want to take it anymore. Certainly doghouse material.

First Sergeant

Suspended
Jan 17, 2009

This sucks. KD has that rare burst of speed our other running backs don't. I thought he would have a big year in CLK's system. I guess this thins out the backfield a little bit. I bet this will move Tenpenny up to #3. I knew this off season things had been to quiet. Something was bound to happen. He may not kicked off the team but I bet he will be last on the the very long depth chart at RB. What a waste of talent.
let's not give up on him just yet. We don't even know the details.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Yea I'm not. Its just he's been in the doghouse several times before so even if the charges aren't serious I seriously doubt he see's any significant playing time this year. We'll see what happens though.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Not giving up on him but, between the inability to hold onto the ball and this situation, Yeldon, Henry and TP are the ones I am counting on this fall. Of course, the only ones that matter are Burns, Kiffin and Saban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.