Joan Rivers call Obama Gay/Michael/Michelle a Tranny

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Joan Rivers was on life-support Saturday as her daughter, family and friends kept an increasingly grim vigil at a Manhattan hospital.
The 81-year-old Rivers, initially placed in a medically induced coma after going into cardiac and respiratory arrest on Thursday, was dependent on the machines to keep her alive, TMZ.com reported.
Sources told the Daily News that Rivers’ daughter, Melissa, is “in denial” over her mother’s condition.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz3BzYCuW6n
Now that's just silly. It takes every healthy human some time to come to terms with what they maybe ought to do. And it's not an easy reality to come to terms with. Besides, she was hospitalized Thursday, and by Saturday she's in denial? I'd be worried if someone wanted to pull the plug within two days.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let me add onto my point from above:

I don't want the President of the USA (ANY President) telling racial jokes at a press conference. That would be insanely ridiculous. But I DO think there's too much of a rush to pound people into nothing over slips of the tongue or even privately held opinions that are at least minimally reasonable. I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember Al Campanis and what he did. Campanis was on "Nightline" in 1987 to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's debut. IIRC, Campanis was Robinson's roommate (I'm sure I read that somewhere years later). Ted Koppel interviewed Campanis and asked him about why there were so few blacks in executive positions in MLB. Campanis was caught between his employer (and the Old Boy network) and race - and he proceeded to make the worst comments about it, saying that he didn't think there was any prejudice among the owners because he felt blacks might not "really" possess the intelligence or qualities of leadership to be a field manager.

Now make no mistake - what Campanis said WAS offensive (although I doubt he could have helped his dilemma by saying, "I think a lot of our owners are closet Klan members" or even something much softer than that). It wasn't that there shouldn't have been some public reaction to it and maybe a closer look taken.

The problem was that Campanis in his career had been one of the loudest and boldest advocates for the ADVANCEMENT of blacks in baseball. He had a spectacular career of advancing blacks at all levels of the Dodgers and this one interview was the ONE anomaly, the one time that the words came out wrongly or whatever.

Shouldn't his comments have been viewed alongside the rest of his public life? Campanis was fired and died about a decade later as the butt of jokes having never gotten another chance to redeem himself. I, too, was one making fun of him until the Internet came along and I did some research and realized his ENTIRE story and not just one unfortunate interview.

I'm not defending anything Campanis said - and yes, I even understand there's a level of responsibility that Campanis had to think before he spoke. But shouldn't even his interviewer have viewed Campanis through the lens of his whole life and not just a couple of sentences?

That's all I'm saying.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yes RIP indeed......to an amazingly talented entertainer. She came from the classic school of stand-up comedy and was a hilariously funny lady who made so many of us laugh through the years. A very sad day.....she will be missed. :(

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
She grated on my nerves.Too mean-spirited for my taste.
Comedy in the 60s was so grounded in "Insult Comedy" -- Don Rickles, Joan Rivers, and many others knew how to laugh at themselves, each other, and social commentary....

What now is viewed as "mean-spirited" was quite standard 50 years ago......

But, what I find hilarious is that people that "hate" Joan Rivers' brand of comedy - LOVE Lewis Black, Daniel Tosh, etc....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.