If You Were An NFL Owner--Which Current SEC Head Coach Would You Hire To Be Yours?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I am sure that there are NFL GM's who believe that the "excitement" of the HUNH will help them win more games, and as a result sell tickets and licensed merchandise. A relatively young up and coming HUNH coach like Sumlin or Gus would be perfect for them. Whether or not the HUNH will work long term in the NFL is another issue, but teams like the Jacksonville that have nothing to lose, or the Browns with Johnny Football, would be willing to take that chance. Besides, the Eagles managed to sneak into the playoffs with that Oregon coach, so a "me too" mentality might take over, just like in college.
How does a team "sneak" into the playoffs with the fifth best conference record? They won 10 games. Not like 2010 when Seattle won the NFC West with a 7-9 record. That's sneaking into the playoffs.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm going the opposite way here...I think Richt would be the worse pick...the pro guys would run all over him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.