So this Johnny Manziel photo...

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Forget his personal antics...I beleive the guy is going to be a NFL star, and in fact I think the Texans missed a great opportunity. Reminds me of a modern day Broadway Joe in terms of skill and media attention.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Forget his personal antics...I beleive the guy is going to be a NFL star, and in fact I think the Texans missed a great opportunity. Reminds me of a modern day Broadway Joe in terms of skill and media attention.
Not sure what you mean when you talk about his talent. Namath was a below average NFL QB, even in his era. He was a celebrity playing on the biggest stage (NYC) whose defense made him look prophetic in the only really big game of his life (in the pros).

No idea if Manziel will ever hit that level of "celebrity" status, especially playing in Ohio, but just getting drunk and acting stupid isn't going to get him anywhere close to Namath's status.

Last edited:

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
Namath was a great QB playing on 2 very bad knees. Below average can never be used when describing him. That Super Bowl may have been his only one, but that one game changed the NFL forever. And from what I remember about that game is that he played pretty darn good.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Well, everyone was saying that he and Josh Gordon would compliment each other well. :biggrin2:

Still, I think this photo from last week is the number 1 Johnny Football offseason pic so far.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Well, everyone was saying that he and Josh Gordon would compliment each other well. :biggrin2:

Still, I think this photo from last week is the number 1 Johnny Football offseason pic so far.

My eyes! Two of the most annoying people together, ugh. Justin and Johnny are made for each other.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Namath was a great QB playing on 2 very bad knees. Below average can never be used when describing him. That Super Bowl may have been his only one, but that one game changed the NFL forever. And from what I remember about that game is that he played pretty darn good.
Have you ever looked at his career stats?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.