Perry rejects Obama's "offer" to shake hands on the tarmac at Austin on Wednesday

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Perry rejects Obama's "offer" to shake hands on the tarmac at Austin on Wednesday

I like it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...armac-heres-the-texas-governors-counteroffer/

“I appreciate the offer to greet you at Austin-Bergstrom Airport, but a quick handshake on the tarmac will not allow for a thoughtful discussion regarding the humanitarian and national security crises enveloping the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas,” Perry wrote in a letter to Obama. “I would instead offer to meet with you at any time during your visit to Texas for a substantive meeting to discuss this critical issue.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Perry rejects Obama's "offer" to shake hands on the tarmac at Austin on Wednesday

that'll put that arrogant empty suit in his place

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Re: Perry rejects Obama's "offer" to shake hands on the tarmac at Austin on Wednesday

Perry +1

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Obama's too busy stumping for the DNC and playing golf to address any issues of national importance.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Gov. Perry wrote the president a letter in 2012 about this issue, asking for the feds to simply enforce the laws that were on the books. The "arrogant empty suit" didn't respond, never even acknowledged the letter. Now the president wants to be all chummy and photo-opish?

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado

I don't blame Perry one little bit. There's no amount of soap that would clean that hand afterward.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I'm guessing that BO is about to enter therapy over this snub

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

What's happening on the border right now is stunning, and I'm surprised that even Democrats aren't bothered by it. I mean, I'm about as liberal on immigration as it gets, and I think it's horrible.
Actually I think many Democrats are bothered by it, and stunning is a pretty good word for it.

I am beginning to think that the POTUS has already reckoned himself a lame duck, and is taking advantage of the last few months of relative liberty before the anticipated GOP victories in the fall. "Going it alone" is a calculated tack, as it allows disaffected Dems (or Dems with disaffected constituents) to distance themselves without provoking intra-party warfare. While I understand the political reasoning, I also think he has probably outstripped even his base support on a couple of issues. This is one.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Obama's too busy stumping for the DNC and playing golf to address any issues of national importance.
Here's The Big O playing golf instead of attending to the urgent business of the Nation!!

oops!

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

This would usually give me butt hurt, because I respect the office, but I feel Obama has stiffed enough people to deserve this.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

Pathetic. And these are people that y'all support.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I don't blame Gov Perry one ioat for not shaking the terrorist hands, there's blood on those hands, and will be more blood on his hands well after he leaves office..They're constantly finding those tunnels coming from Mexico into America, I saw on 20/20 a couple months ago, and some of those tunnels had wi-fi & air conditioning in them..And they were plenty big enough for terrorist to smuggle in bought nuclear weapons..Scary stuff to think about..It really really is..

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I don't blame Gov Perry one ioat for not shaking the terrorist hands, there's blood on those hands, and will be more blood on his hands well after he leaves office..They're constantly finding those tunnels coming from Mexico into America, I saw on 20/20 a couple months ago, and some of those tunnels had wi-fi & air conditioning in them..And they were plenty big enough for terrorist to smuggle in bought nuclear weapons..Scary stuff to think about..It really really is..
You meant they were big enough for terrorists to have smuggled in nuclear weapons. Unfortunately, me thinks the weapons are here. What two cities, if nuked could cripple the US?

My guesses are NY and Houston. NY for the financial markets, Houston for the oil/energy. NYC also has the largest concentration of Jews in the US so now NYC gets an extra mark from the muslims to get nuked.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

What's happening on the border right now is stunning, and I'm surprised that even Democrats aren't bothered by it. I mean, I'm about as liberal on immigration as it gets, and I think it's horrible.
So your a toady for the Chamber of Crony Commerce. ;) that doesn't mean you support annihilation of the rule of law. If you don't control your borders you don't have a country. This is so shocking and beyond the pale that it will backfire badly and soon.

I'm conservative and very hawkish on border security and even I am willing to discuss ways to work with the folks here AFTER we secure the border.

We have 1983 to know we cannot trust any other scenario but this level on anarchy is incredibly dangerous on SO many levels.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.