Blog: latest Bama News 7/9/14

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

SEC Headlines 7/9/2014-mrsec

SEC Football

1. Kentucky is spending more than $2 million to bring three non-conference opponents to Lexington this fall.
2. ESPN has Alabama, Auburn and Georgia at the top of the SEC in projected wins with Vanderbilt and Arkansas at the bottom.
3. Linebacker Skai Moore could be the best player on the South Carolina defense this fall.
4. With Donte Moncrief gone to the NFL, will Laquon Treadwell become the big-play guy at Ole Miss?
5. The ridiculousness of preseason watch lists – 66 players on the list for the Rimington Trophy- given to the top center. All but three SEC centers made the list. Seven SEC tight ends make the John Mackey watch list. List of all SEC players on both lists.
6. Does Alabama quarterback Jacob Coker belong on a preseason watch list?
7. Challenge for the Alabama defense – improving performance against up-tempo offenses. When Alabama loses under Saban, the opposing team’s completion percentage is nearly 70%.
8. Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville on the possibility of scheduling Alabama: “Now would I be really fired up about (playing Alabama)? Probably not because it'd be a one-game match."
9. Purdue confirms dates for a home-and-home series with Missouri.
10. This will be the first time in four years that Auburn hasn’t changed defensive schemes in the offseason.
11. Freshman Jakob Johnson and redshirt junior Curt Maggitt now are classified as defensive linemen at Tennessee. Previously listed at linebacker.
12. Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu has known freshman running back Leonard Fournette for years. “I grew up with him. I know his dad real well. He could never play park ball, he was always bigger than everybody else.”
13. Is linebacker Amarlo Herrera Georgia’s most under-appreciated player?

SEC News
18. Cox Communications signs deal to carry SEC Network. Why the network is set for a solid debut.
19. When it comes to NCAA recognized team titles, Mississippi State is the only school in the conference without one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.