Poll: Best Bama Team of the 1970s?

Best Bama Team of the 70s?

• Total voters
B

BroadwayJoe777

No doubt, 1973. We sadly lost to the Irish, but I still think it was the best team of the 70's. I forgot how many NCAA records we broke playing old VPI in Tuscaloosa that year....I was there...:)

Last edited:

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I'll have to go with the '73 team (my freshman year). I hadn't really followed Alabama football until that year (going to a Catholic high school in Illinois would do that in those pre-internet days), and that season hooked me for life! I still remember how bad it hurt to see the loss to Notre Dame from my parents' house in the midwest.

My next one is '78. Even though they lost to Southern Cal, they came back and did what they needed to do to take the title. Didn't hurt that I met my future (and current) wife at the Nebraska game that year!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
No doubt, 1973. We sadly lost to the Irish, but I still think it was the best team of the 70's. I forgot how many NCAA records we broke playing old VPI in Tuscaloosa that year....I was there...:)
I believe we had over 700 yds rushing against VPI scoring 77 pts. I loved Calvin Culliver and Willie Shelby and Richard Todd at QB. We also scored 66 pts against Cal.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
I believe we had over 700 yds rushing against VPI scoring 77 pts. I loved Calvin Culliver and Willie Shelby and Richard Todd at QB. We also scored 66 pts against Cal.

Cal had guys like Chunk Muncie and Steve Bartkowski AND Vince Ferragamo at QB.

And we shut them out

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.