It looks like the feds knew the immigration crisis was on us in January

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Michael Savage ties Koch Brothers to Immigrant facilities. I guess I'm not surprised if it's true. Dems and Reps work lockstep most of the time whether we want to admit it or not.

http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/20...hers-behind-lavish-hotels-for-illegal-aliens/
That's not the way I interpreted the information in the segment, though it does sound like the conclusion Savage wishes the listener to draw. According to Savage, the facilities are owned by Geo Group, which is owned by Wackenhut Corporation, which donates money to the lobbying group, the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), which is also funded by the Koch Brothers. There are several things wrong with his facts and logic in reaching the bolded conclusion above.

That said, I agree with your conclusion, that Dems and Reps most often work in lockstep, and often to the detriment of the country.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Alabama Delegation Led Conservative Fight on Immigration

Earlier this week, Republican leadership’s plan was to pass a $659 million spending bill, well short of the $3.7 billion Obama had requested, then get out of town for a five week recess. But their plan did not include a provision to block funding of any amnesty attempts by the executive branch.

Sen. Jeff Sessions promptly objected and penned a letter that was hand-delivered to all 535 members of Congress urging them to oppose the legislation unless it was updated to include such a provision.
Sources close to the House Majority Whip’s operation say they were only a few votes short, and the votes they were missing were from The Yellowhammer State.

“(House Speaker) Boehner and (Majority Leader) McCarthy were personally lobbying members of the Alabama delegation, but they wouldn’t budge,” a source on Capitol Hill told Yellowhammer on condition of anonymity so they could speak freely. “In particular, Aderholt, Brooks, Byrne and Rogers were pushing hard for tougher language. It was actually Aderholt’s tougher enforcement language that ended up in the final bill. He basically said, ‘I’m not voting for this unless my language gets in there.’ Several of the conservative heavyweights in the House backed what he was doing, too.”

It is widely believed that the efforts of Alabama’s Republicans were indispensable to blocking the initial flawed plan. They led the fight in the House.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.