Athlon's College Football's Coach on the Hot Seat Rankings for 2014

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
No surprise to see Coach Muschamp holding down the #1 spot.

My biggest issue with last season is keeping an injured backup QB (Murphy) in as starter after the LSU game while the 3rd string (Skylar M.) could have stepped in and effectively ran the offense - to 'some degree' better. Very poor decision making - so maybe the hot seat is deserved.

The new Offensive Coordinator, Coach Kurt Roper is going to do wonders for Florida this season (fingers crossed).

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Before I even clicked the link my first thought was "Muschamp has to be #1 right?". Yep....I was right...lol. He probably has to at least win 9-10 regular season games showing improvement and be in the hunt for the SECe Title. If they go 7-5 or maybe even 8-4 he might be ran off right or wrong.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Before I even clicked the link my first thought was "Muschamp has to be #1 right?". Yep....I was right...lol. He probably has to at least win 9-10 regular season games showing improvement and be in the hunt for the SECe Title. If they go 7-5 or maybe even 8-4 he might be ran off right or wrong.
We need Florida good, not great. Kind of like that Richt guy. Don't know if Muschamp has it in him, but I'm hopeful.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Of course Muschamp would be at the top. I bet if he gets fired, the barn hires him as their DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I seriously hope everybody here who thinks Kirby Smart should take over for Coach Saban is watching the career arc of Will Muschamp. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the SEC is NOT the place to get on the job training of how to be a head coach.

If Muschamp would have gone somewhere like Wyoming or even Kansas and earned his stripes and learned from his mistakes, he might well be ready when Richt is ready to call it a day.

I, for one, am not surprised at all at this, and I think he'll be gone without at least a nine-win year this year.

Edited to add: and he parted Auburn on some pretty bad terms, too, so don't automatically assume he winds up there. He might - God knows Gus is going to need a decent DC.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I seriously hope everybody here who thinks Kirby Smart should take over for Coach Saban is watching the career arc of Will Muschamp. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the SEC is NOT the place to get on the job training of how to be a head coach.

If Muschamp would have gone somewhere like Wyoming or even Kansas and earned his stripes and learned from his mistakes, he might well be ready when Richt is ready to call it a day.

I, for one, am not surprised at all at this, and I think he'll be gone without at least a nine-win year this year.

Edited to add: and he parted Auburn on some pretty bad terms, too, so don't automatically assume he winds up there. He might - God knows Gus is going to need a decent DC.
This is exactly how I have felt about Smart replacing CNS when he retires. He needs to get hired somewhere else. I'm hoping after this season...assuming he has any aspiration to be a HC. I didn't know CWM left the barn in bad terms. I've been in their message boards and they wouldn't seem to mind having him back. I really think lack if defense will be Gus' downfall this year.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
It was nice to see Charley Weiss on the list. I always thought that he was one of the worst coaches in CFB.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
He wasn't a terrible DC during his time on the plains. In fact, I think it's fairly common for an individual to be an excellent coordinator but simply not be head coaching material. Our current DC, for example.
Yes...and if CWM doesn't get it together this year he may be slipping back into to that position in 2015.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It was nice to see Charley Weiss on the list. I always thought that he was one of the worst coaches in CFB.
...and to think his original contract with ND would be up next year in 2015. I'm still waiting for him to throw the kitchen sink.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.