Question: Best Cornerback in Saban Era?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Dee Milliner. I'll still never understand why ND kept trying him in the BCSNCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My humble guess is that they thought Tyler Eiffert (?) - with his height advantage - gave them a better chance than running against our DL...

But yeah, who'd a thunk it...

As a matter of fact, just re-watched part of the game the other night, which unfortunately includes Musberger's righteous indignation over some of the calls involving Dee etc...

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Dee had the better career and was more physical at the line of scrimmage. Somewhere, Denarius Moore is seconding that. Dre was very good his last season and I think a little better with his cover skills.
Dre also brought the lumber. I was at the Arky Game, maybe 2011, and Dre K. had HBs stepping out of bounds.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Agree with Milliner with Kirkpatrick close behind.
But, Arenas was clearly the most valuable player of all of them not just because he was a great returner but also because of his ability to blitz.
Javy was great on the CB blitz in 09. We haven't had anything close to that since he left. I remember the Arkansas 09 game he was a nightmare for Mallet. I would love to get someone capable of doing that again. The last two years it seems to have come from safeties and hasn't been nearly as effective.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Javy was great on the CB blitz in 09. We haven't had anything close to that since he left. I remember the Arkansas 09 game he was a nightmare for Mallet. I would love to get someone capable of doing that again. The last two years it seems to have come from safeties and hasn't been nearly as effective.
I agree. That corner blitz was awesome

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
It so hard to pick between Dre and Dee, but I'll go with Dee for his tremendous performance throughout the 2012 season, especially the ND game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.