Linebacker U

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
PSU was given that moniker in the '70's I believe

Yes and most really good teams on defense for a long time has claimed LBU at some point, but Alabama has to be up their with the cream of the crop. Number 1 in my book.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
Was E.J Junior a linebacker, or defensive end? If linebacker, he has to be in the conversation. Thomas Boyd, also.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
He also says Jordan was the hardest hitting player he ever saw, and that you could hear the pop of his hits from the stands.

Personally I was at the Bama-UT game in Knoxville when Bennett ran down the UT speedster from behind on a reverse, one of the better plays I've ever seen live.
I actually thought that Darwin Holt was the HARDEST hitter. While I was in high school in those years, we heard that he was kept in a cage when not on the field in games to keep from hurting other people/players.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Lemanski Hall and Antonio London outside - both had decent pro careers.

Derrick Oden and Micheal Rodgers inside - till Rodgers was hurt, then Mario Morris. Oden played in the NFL for a few years. Rodgers was a solid player and started as a soph; if not for the car wreck he was in he might have played on sundays

Thanks, gtg.

Lemanski Hall and Antonio London were the ones I was thinking of but could not name.

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Can I take Derrick Thomas and 3 Derrick Thomas clones? ;)

I'd probably have my 4 at:
DT
Jordan
Biscuit
McClain

Really, pair any 3 with DT and I'll take it.

Some of my personal favorites that aren't on the list:
Dwayne Rudd
Saleem Rasheed
Marvin Constant
Freddie Roach
Derrick Pope
Marvin Constant was headed for greatness before he tore up his knee(s). One of the guys I feel bad for.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.